LEGO Racers PS1 Soundtrack

mumboking

That must be frustrating. XAEX must not be detecting the CD drive.

Try using it with Audacity and opening them as a raw file. Hopefully THAT works... You can save it to wav from there...

5 minutes ago, coltonunited said:

That must be frustrating. XAEX must not be detecting the CD drive.

Well... I tried... and failed... :(

Maybe someone else will have better luck.

It probably doesn't apply here since this is for a DOS application, but I know that several PS2 audio extraction tools were designed to make use of the ASPI interface for accessing the CD-Drive, which happens to be incompatible with anything beyond Windows 98. Most modern applications use the SPTI interface now, so for this PS2 tools you either have to find a driver which forces ASPI with compatibility or find an SPTI driver.

Again, this likely doesn't apply in this scenario, but it is possible that something with the way the application accesses the drive is wrong.

7 minutes ago, McJobless said:

Again, this likely doesn't apply in this scenario, but it is possible that something with the way the application accesses the drive is wrong.

I think last time I did this, I was using Windows 7. I can't be sure if I used XAEX though. The program name seems familiar, so it probably is.

I don't remember if I made it use the files directly from the disc or if I copied them first.

• 5 months later...
Mr. Skeltal

Bumping old topic's is bad, I know, but if you have a bin/cue file for lego racers on hand, use jpsxdec to get the music files out. The tool can also dump other kinds of files, in the case of lego racers, you can rip the fmv files as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.