dead_name

A launcher for Lego Racers that takes care of custom resolutions, and allows for various patches to improve the game in HD.
Config (executable path and resolution) is saved between sessions.

If you're having the "black borders on the main menu" issue, try either of the following:

> Run the launcher as Administrator

> Put the game directory somewhere that non-administrators have write access (for example, put it in your documents rather than program files)

REQUIRES .NET FRAMEWORK 4.

Version 1.0: [LINK]

Changelog:

V1.0:
> Initial build
+ Custom Resolutions
+ Fullscreen Mainmenu patch
+ Fullscreen cutscene patch

Edited by Slimy Slug
Fixed download link

Does this stop scaling of the in-game HUD? That'd be really helpful for including higher-res stuff, without ruining the position of elements (such as the icons on the IGD).

Does this stop scaling of the in-game HUD? That'd be really helpful for including higher-res stuff, without ruining the position of elements (such as the icons on the IGD).

No. From my research, there's not a way of modifying how the HUD is laid out, but I am hoping to be proven wrong.

Edit: if it is possible, the pertinent files would be in /GAMEDATA/COMMON/

I tried higher resolutions higher than 800x600, but it just made the lego racers full screen be on the top right corner with a giant black area outside, and for some reason when I click quit the quit message appears on the middle of the black, lol

I tried higher resolutions higher than 800x600, but it just made the lego racers full screen be on the top right corner with a giant black area outside, and for some reason when I click quit the quit message appears on the middle of the black, lol

1999 ver or 2001 ver, and did you enable the fullscreen patches?

1999 ver with fullscreen patches, im using higher resolutions higher than 800x600, but everything is in

the right corner with a giant black area

Can you send me a copy of /MENUDATA/MAINMENU.MIB after patching, please?

this launcher doesn't work for the 1999 version. when i try to run it with full screen menus the menus are black around the edges. HELP!

FIXED: I had to extract the JAM file. If you have problems extract the JAM file with one of our extractor JAM tools. Does the JAM file have to be extracted for the launcher to work or is this just a fix for some computers origamiguy?

ok well there you have it, so if it doesn't work then extract the jam. I just have one question, How come if I go to options or to build the menu goes back the the smaller version with the black outline? Does it only patch the main menu?

• 1 month later...

Question:

Is it possible to have this save it's settings in the save folder as the exe, instead of %AppData%LR1Launcher? I'm sure other people than myself have Racers on our flash drives, and this would be a great tool to use anywhere we could, without leaving traces on a host computer.

Question:

Is it possible to have this save it's settings in the save folder as the exe, instead of %AppData%LR1Launcher? I'm sure other people than myself have Racers on our flash drives, and this would be a great tool to use anywhere we could, without leaving traces on a host computer.

Consider it on the to-do list for the next release. No promises as to when, though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.