PWB editor V1.2

Huggles

Basic functions work. You can load a track and load bricks for that track.

Modify the position and color of the bricks and directly see the result in the 3D Renderer!

Save the PWB file and enjoy in game!

Keep in mind, this is very much a work in progress! Chances are big that something might not work correctly or not work at all! For this tool to work you will need .NET4.0- and XNA-redist. Both will be installed once you run setup!

Downloads:
https://www.rockraidersunited.com/files/dl-r32/   (V1.2, latest)

https://www.rockraidersunited.com/files/dl-r464/   (V1.2, no install version by mumboking)

https://www.rockraidersunited.com/files/dl-r462/   (V1.1)

https://www.rockraidersunited.com/files/dl-r463/  (V0.2)

Next versions:

Better GUI

Selection of blocks in the 3D Renderer

Track modification (Origamiguy... help???)

//DISCLAIMER//

This tool uses models created by lego media. I do not claim any rights

over these models, they all belong to lego media. The purpose of the tool is to modify

the game for the purpose of fun. This purpose can not be achieved without the game

itself, which therefore will still have to be bought. Downloading is stealing!

//DISCLAIMER//

V1.2 Patch notes

Fixed the bug that you would need to reload the map for the "Change all bricks to {color}" and "Change all colored bricks to{color}" to actually see the change.

V1.1 Patch notes:

Implemented function to add Bricks

Implemented function to remove Bricks

Implemented function to randomize all bricks

Implemented function to change all colored bricks to one color

Implemented function to change all bricks to one color

V0.2 Patch notes:

Fixed the X Coordinate save bug where blocks x position would be flipped when saved

You can now click on the screen to enable movement, instead of having to use the button below the screen

Some grammar errors

Need help? Doesn't something work? Want to give compliments or advice? Feel free to comment below!

1gmzat.pngkey672b7352c1b4cd6dec6e1385f16

Edited by Slimy Slug
Fixed broken image embed and updated download links to RRU File Database instead of MediaFire

Version 0.0.0.01 is here! (With help of origamiguy his libraries!)

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! :D

Can there be by any chance a source code release, or no? I'm sure plenty of people would like to help with this.

EDIT: Some Bug reports/feature requests:

1. Typos in camera controls directions.
2. Ability to open both PWB files at once.
3. Pressing enter when selecting a brick will perform the same function as the Search button.
4. (Only if this is possible/isn't too hard to add) Click on a powerup instead of searching through the list.
5. Typos in Readme. BTW, no-JAM works only a 1999 release. However, most people have a 2001 copy, which does not support no-JAM.
Haven't added a modded PWB in-game yet, but I will soon. ;)
  • Like 2

WTH?! HOW!?!? WHEN?!?!!?

I don't know even where to start. THIS IS AMAZING!

you should add this to the next version (if you can):

* creating a new empty map. (you can take the source code from gtk radiant and change it a little bit.)

* import models. (so we could add our own ideas to the map)

* adding check points.

* adding your own bricks.

* adding support (i don't know the right name... it's on Knightmare-athon. MAYBE IT WILL BE USEFUL.)

* adding texures.

And after you will add those we could make our own maps. MUHAHAHAHA!

(you don't really have to add those, those are just a suggestions.)

Oh and THANKS. :D

and im sorry for bad grammar.

As the first line of the post suggests, its the very very very first version! I'll take typos for granted, and changing entire tracks is still future music! But who knows :)

"Track modification (Origamiguy... help???)"

God no. We'll do some sort of export->import thing for this.

BUT.

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND.

The track models don't completely correspond to the maps. I'll explain further when I release my documentation.

"Track modification (Origamiguy... help???)"

God no. We'll do some sort of export->import thing for this.

You are the pro in writing parsers.....be my guest!

BUT.

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND.

The track models don't completely correspond to the maps. I'll explain further when I release my documentation.

They dont, but they give a good representation of what block will be modified and where it will be placed

As the first line of the post suggests, its the very very very first version!

For first version this is very impressive! (because nobody did that before.)

and what about my suggestions? did you like them? are you going to add them to the next version?

Again, sorry for bad english.

Okay, from using this for a while, I have a few comments.

While it's technically impressive, from a usability standpoint it's difficult and slightly confusing to use.

Once I have my PC back, I'll get to work on tinkering with this. I feel it can be vastly improved, but I do not wish to compete with you; I'd rather collaborate.

Fluffy Cupcake

I get this weird bug. When I save the x positions get mirrored. So I have to save it, open the PWB file again, and save it once again for it to be corrected.

Okay, from using this for a while, I have a few comments. While it's technically impressive, from a usability standpoint it's difficult and slightly confusing to use. Once I have my PC back, I'll get to work on tinkering with this. I feel it can be vastly improved, but I do not wish to compete with you; I'd rather collaborate.

Exactly what i was thinking! I'm happy to share my code with you (Even tho its crap as hell i think...)

I agree the usability is....sub-optimal. But to optimalize it takes time, and lets be honest, i started this on saturday :P

I get this weird bug. When I save the x positions get mirrored. So I have to save it, open the PWB file again, and save it once again for it to be corrected.

oh crap, thats right! I actually had to mirror al the x-coordinates because of the track being mirrored in the GDB file, but i only changed that in the load and not in the save, resulting in that saving twice does the job...

but i only changed that in the load and not in the save, resulting in that saving twice does the job..

good to know, it just happened to me as well^^

you should add this to the next version (if you can):

* creating a new empty map. (you can take the source code from gtk radiant and change it a little bit.)

* import models. (so we could add our own ideas to the map)

* adding check points.

* adding your own bricks.

* adding support (i don't know the right name... it's on Knightmare-athon. MAYBE IT WILL BE USEFUL.)

* adding texures.

What u describe here sounds like an entire map editor. Currently this is only a PWB editor in it's earliest form. By the time we have an entire edtior we'll be much much further! (I like the ideas tho ;))

Uploaded new version with the below fixes.

V0.2 Patch notes:

Fixed the X Coordinate save bug where blocks x position would be flipped when saved

You can now click on the screen to enable movement, instead of having to use the button below the screen

Some grammar errors

• Like 2

Huggles this sounds impressive. Are you going to collaborate with Origamiguy or are you working alone?

Wow just tried out the tool and it looks amazing. When you switch a blocks color can you switch its ability?

Fluffy Cupcake
Wow just tried out the tool and it looks amazing. When you switch a blocks color can you switch its ability?
Test it and find out! Yes it does change what it gives as well.

Test it and find out! Yes it does change what it gives as well.

Indeed, the "what does a certain brick give as powerup" is actually controlled by the color it has. So whatever color you change it to, thats the ability you'll get

Currently working on adding and removing bricks btw!

I'm starting to get used to your tool and I'm loving it! I just finished creating my first all-new Power-up layout for a track (Desert Dragway) and it actually makes for a completely new experience.

I'm really interested in seeing some other people's custom PWBs, though. Maybe, we could create a thread for members to share their modified PWB files?

Fluffy Cupcake

Bug report: If you save it with only one white brick on the track (must be white!) it creates nearly 6000 new bricks upon saving.

Though next time, instead of creating a new topic for every release, can you just post a post stating it is updated and update the topic title? It would keep it more organized.

Same. There is a such thing as an edit function on each post. Just edit the topic post with all needed info, then make a small post on the same topic saying there is a new version. Don't worry, we'll know if there is an update. :P

Can a staff member merge this one into the main topic too, or will it be too much trouble?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.