Swapping car models

Noob Slayer

I am wondering which files I would swap if I wanted to replace the King Kahuka car you unlock with the one the AI uses.

I was messing with the files and got this:

LEGO318_zps518104c8.png

LEGO320_zps8ed0cd22.png

LEGO317_zps40e6c35e.png

LEGO319_zps7a28b50f.png

But this is totally useless because I had to replace the wheels with the car model to make it work. It would be good if we replaced the chassis with the car model but I didn't find the chassis models anywhere...

I want to do this, but without the whole "wheels" glitch, so I wanted to explore this further. This was in the King Kahuka Demo Car topic.

• 8 months later...

there is a much easyer way to do that. edit a racers name to say "nomrewls"

... Huh? I don't think you understand what's being discussed in this old topic.

there is a much easyer way to do that. edit a racers name to say "nomrewls"

... Huh? I don't think you understand what's being discussed in this old topic.

I second that. You are stating an (incorrect) cheat code to disable car wheels. This topic is about swapping 3D car models around.

Jack Bluebeard

We are currently able to exchange the NPC model with the model of the wheels, but not to exchange it with the model of the player. I believe that the model of the player is written in some file in PIECEDB. I think in PIECELO and PIECEHI, but do not know how to modify it in any way. The chassis is in fact like a brick you can add to your car.

I believe that the model of the player is written in some file in PIECEDB. I think in PIECELO and PIECEHI, but do not know how to modify it in any way.

only the basic chassis is hidden in piecedb (piecelo or piecehi? Too lazy to look after it :P). The cars that are built (with or without additional bricks on the chassis) are saved in the save file I guess because that makes most sense as the self-made cars can vary...

Jack Bluebeard

Only the basic chassis is hidden in piecedb (piecelo or piecehi? Too lazy to look after it )

Both PIECELO and PIECEHI. The first one is for the in-track game, the second one is for the menu.

The cars that are built (with or without additional bricks on the chassis) are saved in the save file I guess because that makes most sense as the self-made cars can vary...

So, in the save of the game on in a file that is in the main folder of Racers? It's called LEGORac1.file. You can open it with the text document.

The strange thing is that it hasn't a definition like .ADB, .SDB, .PCB...

So, in the save of the game on in a file that is in the main folder of Racers? It's called LEGORac1.file. You can open it with the text document. The strange thing is that it hasn't a definition like .ADB, .SDB, .PCB...

No, I think it is saved in the save file of the game (where all the 15 savegame folders are located). And because it is no binary file it is problematic to 'extract' the models out of the save files to edit them :-/

Jack Bluebeard

No, I think it is saved in the save file of the game (where all the 15 savegame folders are located). And because it is no binary file it is problematic to 'extract' the models out of the save files to edit them :-/

Because, in LEGORac1, there are some strings with CR_CHAS0, or KK_CHAS0, and these are the chassis name  O_O !

And in the save file there are only your racers and your progress, on the contrary in the LEGORac1 occasionally is repeated 2 times the name of a chassis, and coincidentally all prefabricated chassis for each model ARE 2.

• 3 weeks later...
Jack Bluebeard

We are currently able to exchange the NPC model with the model of the wheels, but not to exchange it with the model of the player. I believe that the model of the player is written in some file in PIECEDB. I think in PIECELO and PIECEHI, but do not know how to modify it in any way. The chassis is in fact like a brick you can add to your car.

I've discovered that the files Champs.ccb, Chassis.cmb and Drivers.ddb aren't only in GAMEDATA/COMMONS. These files are in MENUDATA too: Champs.ccb and Chassis.cmb are in PIECEDB (car's Pieces Data Base), Drivers.ddb is in PARTDB (characters' Parts Data Base). These files (not Chassis.cmb that is used for the tires models) are the rests of a beta feature. We all know about the feature of playing as an NPC, with the car and drivers' gbd models. So, we can find a way to reuse these files, actually I've imported the car models from COMMONS to PIECEDB with all the necessary materials, so now I'm searching for a way to switch these models with the .leb file. The Piecelo.wdb and Piecehi.wdb are the files that we have to edit I believe (or maybe the .mdb files too, these are only the beginnings).

• 4 months later...

I am wondering which files I would swap if I wanted to replace the King Kahuka car you unlock with the one the AI uses.

I was messing with the files and got this:

LEGO318_zps518104c8.png

LEGO320_zps8ed0cd22.png

LEGO317_zps40e6c35e.png

LEGO319_zps7a28b50f.png

But this is totally useless because I had to replace the wheels with the car model to make it work. It would be good if we replaced the chassis with the car model but I didn't find the chassis models anywhere...

I want to do this, but without the whole "wheels" glitch, so I wanted to explore this further. This was in the King Kahuka Demo Car topic.

Can somebody explane me where to find you cars and NPC cars??

Can somebody explane me where to find you cars and NPC cars??

Not sure about the Player Cars, but the AI cars are all being stored in GAMEDATA/COMMON. The first two letters of the file name designate the owner of the car, and the latter two letters are always CM (For "Car Materials", I assume). You'll have to extract your JAM-archive first, though.

Creator is correct about the NPC cars. Player cars, however, are different and stored in your game save. If you want to share player cars you can use Cyrem's tool >here.

• 8 months later...

Creator is correct about the NPC cars. Player cars, however, are different and stored in your game save. If you want to share player cars you can use Cyrem's tool >here.

JimbobJeffers, I'm afraid I don't really know how to use Cyrem's tool. For example, using Cyrem's Racer importer/exporter I want to know how to mod LEGO Racers so I can share player cars. Please can you help.  :S

Well, firstly it'd probably be better to post that in the Racer Importer/Exporter topic itself, seeing as you're having issues using that program and not issues relating to the topic. :thumbsup:

Anyway, would you be able to post in that topic with the problems you're having?

• Like 1

Well, firstly it'd probably be better to post that in the Racer Importer/Exporter topic itself, seeing as you're having issues using that program and not issues relating to the topic. :thumbsup:

Anyway, would you be able to post in that topic with the problems you're having?

By the way,  I've already posted a reply in the Racer Importer/exporter topic, saying I am having issues with using the program. I just chose to post a reply in this topic as well, asking the same question. Sorry.  :S

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.