Racer Importer/Exporter v1.0

Cyrem

Racer Importer/Exporter v1.0

I've made a tool which will export a racer and his car from your savegame, then allow you to import it back into your savegame. The point of this tool is to allow users to share their created vehicles and characters.

Download: https://www.rockraidersunited.com/files/dl-r16/

Requirements: .Net Framework 4

Edited by Slimy Slug
Updated download link
  • Like 9

Seems to work. Is it correct that Mr Moe only has 3 bricks on the car?

I also encountered a problem... It doesn't show my save files when I go to export.

Also, I have a LEGORac1 file in the 0 and 1 folders. What are each of them for?

EDIT: If I put the save's filename in the dialog, it'll open it. When it says export complete I can't find the exported racer. :/

That is correct.

Seems I made a slight programming error in the export, my apologies.

As far as I know only the save in the 0 folder matters...

I updated the file.

That seems to be working now, however, the saves still aren't shown when exporting.

I think it has something to do with the fact that it says LEGORac1.* on the export file select.

The import file select says LEGORac1 and it shows them just fine.

EDIT: I'm not going to make a new post for this:

Updated again to fix that.

It now shows my saves and seems to work as you designed it to. Good work!

That seems to be working now, however, the saves still aren't shown when exporting.

I think it has something to do with the fact that it says LEGORac1.* on the export file select.

The import file select says LEGORac1 and it shows them just fine.

Ah yes, you're right.

Updated again to fix that.

V1.0 Released.

- Added Win32 GUI.

- Shows all racers in the save game.

- Select the racer you want to export.

Download still links to old version. :/

https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/racers/tools/racer_importer_exporter_1.0.zip

New download. ;)

• Like 2

V1.0 Released.

- Added Win32 GUI.

- Shows all racers in the save game.

- Select the racer you want to export.

Don't know how that happened because I did replace the link :|

Anyway, fixed.

• Like 2

Don't know how that happened because I did replace the link :|

I've had that problem on RRU and BZPower lately - which both run on the same forum software I think. Edits simply don't get saved sometimes, for no apparent reason. :

Anyway, thanks for the update.

• 2 weeks later...

The only bug that I have found with this tool is that on the first usage it deletes your savegame and then makes a new one. So all of your racers and trophies are lost. So backup your data before usage.

• Like 1

I've tried every link on this page and I still can't export my racers with any of them. They won't show up in the window when I select my save file.

• 4 months later...

This keeps breaking. When I export a racer, it saves the .RCR, but says "Error exporting Racer", and it is 0KB. I can't seem to fix it. Windows 7 x64, .NET Framework 4 is installed, Racers 1999.

• 1 year later...

Can somebody help please? I'm not really that sure how to use Cyrem's tool. For example, using Cyrem's racer importer/exporter, I want to mod LEGO Racers so I can share player cars. Thanks.  :S

Can somebody help please? I'm not really that sure how to use Cyrem's tool. For example, using Cyrem's racer importer/exporter, I want to mod LEGO Racers so I can share player cars. Thanks.  :S

What problems are you having? If it's locating the player cars for use with the tool, they're in the Saves -> 0 folder.

• Like 1

What problems are you having? If it's locating the player cars for use with the tool, they're in the Saves -> 0 folder.

When I open the racer importer/exporter tool:

1. I click on 'Open Save Game' and it then takes me to my documents.
  2. I then go into my LEGO Racers mod folder.
  3. I then click on the Save folder and then click on the 0 folder.
  4. I then click on the LEGORac1 file.

What do I do next?  :S

• 1 year later...
ReflectedMantis

I am not able to get this tool to work. When I try to export the racer, it gives me an error message saying it could not export the racer, even though it shows up where I saved it (My Desktop). then I tried to import it back in, it shows an error message saying it cant import. This time it doesn't show in the list. I see this post is a few years old. Is it possible that it is not compatible on windows 10?

EDIT: It did import the ALIEN character from the custom racers forum into my save game successfully, but I still can't get it to export my racer

• 2 months later...
DistrictToTheFuture

Man, this tool is pretty flawed. I can't export, or import any of my racers. It DOES, however, create a 0kb .RCR on my desktop.

Fluffy Cupcake

Maybe it doesn't have permission to read the files? Does either of these work?

a) run the program as admin

b) move the files to your desktop that you are trying to import/export to before attempting conversion

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.