LDD Developer Mode

le717

Glad tidings I bring, to you and your brick. Good tidings of Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I think it is time for me to give out my Chrstmas gift, so on the first (and only) day of Christmas, the Triangle gives to you, LDD Developer Mode!

Yes, you are reading correctly: LDD Developer Mode. I found it in the 4.2.5 code a while back, but just got around to figuring out how to enable it. So without futher ado, how to enable LDD Developer Mode!

NOTE: This should work in LDD 4.2.5 and 4.3.5. Untested on anything lower than 4.3.5.

1. Extract Assets.lif using 's LEGO Digitial Designer LIF Extractor.
  2. Browse to Assets\Scripts\EditMode\MenuLayout.xml, make a copy of the file (so you have an original), and open it in Notepad++ or some other good XML editor.
  3. This part is easier to show than explain, so I'll just link to to two images to see how to enable Dev Mode. When you are done, save the file.
    Image 1 Image 2

4. Browse to Assets\Scripts\ViewMode\MenuLayout.xml, also make a copy of the file (for the same reason as above), and open it.

5. Again, take a look at these images to view how to enable the mode. Save when done.
    Image 3 Image 4

6. Load LDD.

Tada! You have now enabled LDD Developer mode! Now for a few notes on the new features enabled.

Menu Layout

gallery_2686_276_446915.png

LUA Console

gallery_2686_276_567462.png

Physics Test

Best. LDD. Feature. Ever.

Normal Physics:

gallery_2686_276_751683.png

"Toggle Physics Test":

gallery_2686_276_613437.png

LDD Web Server

If you know what is good for you, you will leave these alone. I clicked LEGO.com, and now LDD says it cannot access the Internet when I run it without a LIF. :P

gallery_2686_276_645647.png

Play Ball!

Unsure what this does, I can't get it to do a thing.

ldd_de10.jpg

Complete Gallery of LDD Developer Mode Images.

Merry Christmas, and happy LDD Modding, everybody!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

What about the current version?

You bumped a thread. 2 years old. To ask a question. Where the answer is already RIGHT in front of you. Without even testing to see if it worked first. Which it actually does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyU1a4c1Tdk

What's wrong with you?!

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.