LEGO Racers HD (mod project, WIP)

Kenney

lol, the menu texture is too big, but I liked it, just need some lights, and lol at the captain

Will you also revamp the minifig textures or switch some of them or... something?

...maybe if adding a translation is possible, then I can send you the Portuguese SRF Files :)

because the GBC version had a portuguese translation

lol, the menu texture is too big, but I liked it, just need some lights, and lol at the captain

Why is it too big?

Will you also revamp the minifig textures or switch some of them or... something?

I will recreate the textures but I won't be replacing them.

...maybe if adding a translation is possible, then I can send you the Portuguese SRF Files :)

because the GBC version had a portuguese translation

Sounds like a good plan to me!

The menu background is ok, but needs a few tweaks IMO. The studs are either too far apart, or too small. Real LEGO studs are bigger, with each "LEGO unit" being 8mm in length and width, and each stud being 4.9mm in diameter, not counting small deviations made to ensure bricks hold together strongly:

lego_stud.png

lego_stud_2.png

Also, LEGO has never made 3x3 bricks or plates like that before. Maybe change it to 2x2 or 4x4 to look more LEGO-y?

Okay I will work on the studs some work to ensure the right size. The zoom part is just for preview ;) It is not visible in the real background...

I'll get back on the MIB modding at some point so the menus actually look decent at higher resolutions.

Getting the main menu's minifig in the actual screen corner, etc...

• 3 weeks later...

Okay I will work on the studs some work to ensure the right size. The zoom part is just for preview ;) It is not visible in the real background...

But will the final version's main-menu be scrunched in the corner? :af:

But will the final version's main-menu be scrunched in the corner? :af:

Yes, I will only edit textures not game code.

MIB files are pretty much UI layout files which just say where everything is positioned. It doesn't contain game code.

MIB files are pretty much UI layout files which just say where everything is positioned. It doesn't contain game code.

Well what I meant to say was that I'm only going to change textures, since I'm more of a designer than a programmer. I will leave the fiddling with other files to people who are generally better at it :)

Thanks to Cyrem's ongoing efforts I've been able to create the particles, having some trouble with the sand one. Once the sand particle is complete I will offer all textures of the test track up for download.

GLJnM.png

Alright, particles for sand are done. They need some work do, as do some of the other textures. Test Track is 100% complete though, minus some global things like power bricks.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hgkb650e8311q7x

• Like 8

For future projects, if you need help on some of the game's textures like the desert map ( many intricate textures) , I'd be glad to help out, and Im sure more people would be too.

lol username

Looks good, except for the green LEGO studs/grass not tiling right, some of the studs end up looking squished together. In the image you posted on the last page, you can see it one row to the left of the player's car - or the row the power-up GUI icon is floating over. You can more easily see it by looking at how the studs are alligned to the upper left corner on the texture itself. But other then that it looks excellent, keep it up! :D

Looks good, except for the green LEGO studs/grass not tiling right, some of the studs end up looking squished together. In the image you posted on the last page, you can see it one row to the left of the player's car - or the row the power-up GUI icon is floating over. You can more easily see it by looking at how the studs are alligned to the upper left corner on the texture itself. But other then that it looks excellent, keep it up! :D

You're right! Didn't even spot that, will fix in the next version.

All the bricks are in, I still need to fix the transparency on the white one though.

hIt0c.png

Very nice! I even like the road despite it not being finished.

(It might just be me, but I kinda preferred the grass .... as grass instead of the studs)

Guess I better get onto ripping another track for you... I might see if I can grab some of the other HUD elements.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.