LEGO Racers HD (mod project, WIP)

Kenney

Cheers mate!

If I may do a request; would love to start on the fonts, they will make a big impact in the whole HD-thing.

I was actually thinking "I wonder if Kenny wants to do the fonts" the other day. I'll get on to it ;)

Just wondering, are you going to fix the transparency issues with the castle's battlements?

I was thinking about that, Cyrem probably knows if it's possible to add transparency to a texture that didn't had it before? The second question is, why did they leave the black in there in the first place?

Fluffy Cupcake

(It might just be me, but I kinda preferred the grass .... as grass instead of the studs)
I prefer it that way too.

Know what we need to go with this mod? Someone to make remastered versions of the music. Though that might be taking it a bit too far.

Edit: I just realized Kenny has more rep than posts. How often do you see that!?

Know what we need to go with this mod? Someone to make remastered versions of the music. Though that might be taking it a bit too far.

I can give a hand with that. I have some really high-quality sound fonts on hand that I can use to remaster the original songs.

Ith tho beautiful!

Keep going, awesome work.

Also I'd really like the track textures too, I've been ripping them but finding it hard matching them together - at the moment I use placeholders (making elements coloured and lettered textures to see what's what) but it's still difficult getting them all.

If you have a better way, Cyrem, I'd be glad to spend time helping you rip the textures :)

Fluffy Cupcake
I can give a hand with that. I have some really high-quality sound fonts on hand that I can use to remaster the original songs.
I..., no we, would love to hear you try! Keep in mind there is no rush.

I..., no we, would love to hear you try! Keep in mind there is no rush.

I would love to hear them as well! :D Again, no rush. In fact, take a little bit in making the songs. If you remember, the TUNs are modified VOX files, and until we can get clean versions of them, we are unable to add new, clean audio. ;)

Well I want to keep this texture-only (said that on page two I believe), but if you guys want to recreate stuff from LR go ahead but start a new thread ;)

Progress report: only a few textures left.

7MSPX.png

• Like 4

Nice work. This HD project is coming along nicely! I had no luck with 3D Ripper DX, so unfortunately I can't rip textures. If I could I'd be glad to help out.

Kenney, you are bringing to life something I've dreamed of for ages, but lacked the artistic skill to pull off.

Sincerely, thank you.

• Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake

Anyone else think Cyrem should make a poll on which track or whatever he should rip next? (unless of course, test track aside, he was planning on doing the tracks in order by folder, because for those who didn't notice RKR comes first).

Kenney, you are bringing to life something I've dreamed of for ages, but lacked the artistic skill to pull off.

Sincerely, thank you.

You're very welcome, everyone got their own thing they're good at. Bits and bops aren't my thing.

Anyone else think Cyrem should make a poll on which track or whatever he should rip next? (unless of course, test track aside, he was planning on doing the tracks in order by folder, because for those who didn't notice RKR comes first).

There's a thread for that;

I bring bad news. The font BMP's don't seem to work like any other BMP. When I replace it with the ripped copy, I get errors about characters missing. There is also a FDB file which seems to define what is in the font BMP's.

This might be a hard one...

EDIT: Spoke too soon, I got this... just required hacking up the image a little.

I was thinking about that, Cyrem probably knows if it's possible to add transparency to a texture that didn't had it before? The second question is, why did they leave the black in there in the first place?
(Referring to the castle's battlements)

This is kind of bringing something back up, but are you sure they were like that in the first place? I don't know how they could have changed, but take a look at my version:

H0tuV.png

I didn't change anything, that's for sure.

Just wondering, are you going to fix the transparency issues with the castle's battlements?

I was looking at that, I thought it was like that before... guess not.

Just change it to indexed colour and it should go transparent.

Comparing the shot above to the HD one, so much more clarity O_O .

Fluffy Cupcake

Is there any way to edit the skies? It would be awesome if the skies were HD too!

The skies are in the BACKGRND.SKB files, and whether it uses an actual texture or is told colors to use for a gradient is unknown.

I thought the SKBs are just a start colour and an end colour, maybe something else in the middle. Once we can export custom models to GDB then we can put our own skydomes into the game, custom crafted and all. But once the glorious researchers get to that point we'll be changing everything else.

EVERYTHING.

I'll be making tracks with wadjam loop-de-loops. Captain Redbeard will be the boss for tracks with those.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.