LEGO Racers HD (mod project, WIP)

Kenney

Daaaang, this is the best looking LEGO Racers HD texture mod I've seen here yet! Keep it up! :D I especially like the addition of LEGO studs to more surfaces and the improved minimap.

What resolution are the textures, on average?

What resolution are the textures, on average?

All the textures will be 512 x 512, although because they are vector they can be resized in a larger resolution.

• Like 1

Why do I have to click on the "Posted Image" to view them?

Also, make sure you don't put the word LEGO on the studs. The texture sometimes appears mirrored.

Also, make sure you don't put the word LEGO on the studs. The texture sometimes appears mirrored.

Not sure why the image problem is happening. Also, thanks for the heads up - haven't put them on studs but I was going to.

Because his image host doesn't support hotlinking. I'd suggest he use imgur as an alternative

This /could/ be fixed by modifying the texture coordinates in the track model. That said, I STILL haven't completely worked out the mesh format so that might be a while off.

A few things:

Keep the original LEGO Racers drawing style (no photo realistic textures)

That may be your goal, but you completely contradict yourself in the second image. That mud is in no way in the original Racers style; it's completely a realistic photo. It honestly looks like the lunar surface, but red (or Mars, if you want to be accurate).

Second, if you are going to remake the textures, don't replace the Racers logo with a different one, just a better version of the original. I just posted one here. ;)

Third, add back the Media text above the Media logo to keep with your original goal.

Other than those points and the non-tiling road, studs (which have already been pointed out) and the crowd (what is with that?), it looks really good, including the Minimap. :) You say you are using Vector graphics. What program are you using? I may use that for the other tracks I do. ;)

Keep up the good work! :D

The dirt texture is still a work in progress, but I agree that it needs to be toned down a bit to fit in with the style. Although the original texture was very detailed and the color is the same as mine.

I replaced the logo because it is pretty much only used on the test track and I don't think people would mind the original logo or my mod logo there.

The LEGO Media is still a work in progress, had to redo it in vector and was a little lazy so I didn't trace over the media text.

The seams in the road are done on purpose to create the illusion that the track is made using LEGO road tiles. The crowd is a WIP.

It doesn't really matter what program I'm using to do the graphics, it's about the skills - not the tools.

---

Just to clarify: It is NOT my goal to recreate every texture 1 on 1, I might replace, enhance or modernize a texture to my liking.

@Kenney, Ah, makes sense.

I wasn't asking about the Vector program because I want to know how you make them, I was asking because I want to learn how to use them. My brother is a 3D artist, and I'm sure Vector graphics would help him out a lot. ;)

Adobe Illustrator is a program many seem to use, it might be a bit expensive but with Adobe Cloud it can be as cheap as $60 USD a month.

Why this reminds me of Sonic 2 HD

Which reminds of getting canceled.

DON'T CANCEL THIS!

By the Way what about the Music, are we going to remake it or remix it, perhaps?

KILL THE ROYAL KINGHTS RACEWAY MUSIC

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Loving this so far! I'm one who doesn't like playing old games in super-high resolutions because everything looks too blocky, so this is a nice thing for me. Glad to see someone starting up another project like this!

• Like 2

Why this reminds me of Sonic 2 HD

Which reminds of getting canceled.

DON'T CANCEL THIS!

blonic 2 hd was a completely different game, not a mod of the original. This is a mod.

I was actually going to PM you yesterday about this.

Looks excellent! Very clean and crisp.

Guess I better post more LR textures... :P

I was actually going to PM you yesterday about this.

Looks excellent! Very clean and crisp.

Guess I better post more LR textures... :P

Thanks, and yes you should! Keep me busy! I'd love to work on faces and body parts, also, see if you can figure out the car shadows (they're in common). I think that would be a pretty interesting upgrade...

Final (well final...nothing is final) power-up brick;

iCEsC.jpg

Changes: More accurate LEGO logo on studs and right direction, more shadow on studs, better studs, shadow around studs on bottom, glare on bottom cave in, longer and more detailed trail.

• Like 6

I'll put the menu background in the next update, you'll need to create a new one at, at least 1920x1080 to fill my screen and get rid of all that black background :P

• Like 1

Already did the background :) Might get an update later on with the correct lighting, just like the original background had.

y22Oe.jpg

Wooow nice work!

Oh and, KennyNL? NL? DUTCH?!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.