Mod Screenshot

Noogah

Regarding the grass particles breaking... did you keep the EXACT SAME background color?

I haven't even changed those. I need to get the originals again.

Ignore me, I know what happened. When I was applying the new files, I copied all of Cyrem's rips, including the particle effects, into the TESt folder, hence they broke. Now I know what he means by "Transparency still needs work". :P

That's a really good effort le717. I especially like what you've done with the dirt track, and the grass in the main area. The Lego Racers logo is good too - where in the world did you get such a high-res one?

Oh, you mean this one?

lego_racers_high_quality_logo.png

Yea. My 2001 LEGO Software Demo CD has a bunch of RTF files about the games, and each has a game logo. I just opened it in MS Word, right-click and save the image. :)

That's a really good effort le717. I especially like what you've done with the dirt track, and the grass in the main area. The Lego Racers logo is good too - where in the world did you get such a high-res one?

The one problem is your arrows in the dirt area - I bet you haven't finished them yet. You can use mine, if you want. I've sized it at 3008, even though I agree that it's unnecessary.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/h6lt00

... A 25.8 MB texture.

Holy file size Batman.

It's true - but he's the one who insists on a 3008x3008 24-bit BMP texture! :ilaser: Easily compressible, but I'm leaving it lossless in case he wants to develop it.

Thanks, but no thanks. I don't have too much to do to correct the image, so you can keep it. I'm actually surprised you saw that, espically when there is a really bad mini-map present at all times.

As for the quality, I didn't get to say this last night, but I've compressed them to 8-bit BMPs, and I used them in the video. Like I said, I'll end up resizing them soon. ;)

Regarding the grass particles breaking... did you keep the EXACT SAME background color?

Ignore me, I know what happened. When I was applying the new files, I copied all of Cyrem's rips, including the particle effects, into the TESt folder, hence they broke. Now I know what he means by "Transparency still needs work". :P

Cyrem's rips have the colors off very slightly (and I'm not sure why, I'm tempted to blame the LR1 game engine for supplying funky data to the graphics card).

The TDB files (texture listings) specify a transparent color for some textures.

It's simply that the TDB (and the original bitmap's palette) specifies the grass transparent color as RGB(5,42,23) while Cyrem's ripped texture has RGB(0,41,24) as the background color.

JrMasterModelBuilder

Cyrem's rips have the colors off very slightly (and I'm not sure why, I'm tempted to blame the LR1 game engine for supplying funky data to the graphics card).

The TDB files (texture listings) specify a transparent color for some textures.

It's simply that the TDB (and the original bitmap's palette) specifies the grass transparent color as RGB(5,42,23) while Cyrem's ripped texture has RGB(0,41,24) as the background color.

I seem to remember reading that the graphics card itself is the reason colors drawn to the screen can be off. I know that my screen shots don't match the exact pixel data. I could be wrong though.

Cyrem's rips have the colors off very slightly (and I'm not sure why, I'm tempted to blame the LR1 game engine for supplying funky data to the graphics card). The TDB files (texture listings) specify a transparent color for some textures. It's simply that the TDB (and the original bitmap's palette) specifies the grass transparent color as RGB(5,42,23) while Cyrem's ripped texture has RGB(0,41,24) as the background color.

Thanks origami! You saved me from having to ask you about that. ;)

Is the transparent color the same for every particle effect, or is it different for every one? If the latter, do you know the color for the sand particle?

EDIT: It's still broken. I used the RGB value you stated, but it still doesn't work... :/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.