Cyrem

Run Stunt Rally without a CD

Cyrem

You can run LEGO Stunt Rally without a disc without any modifications, it's actually quite simple to do.

• Create a shortcut to _msr.exe
  • Right Click the shortcut and click on properties
  • At the end of the 'Target' path add "/FROMLAUNCHER" (without quotes) after the file closing quote. (e.g "C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO\Stunt Rally\_msr.exe" /FROMLAUNCHER)

Now to play the game, just start the game from that shortcut.

Thats it.

JrMasterModelBuilder

Excelent! Maybe I will have to get out my Stunt Rally game for the first time in years.

Also, a command line argument for DRM? That's almost as pathetic as extracting an executable to a temp folder then deleting it when done, but I like.

YootBoi
On 11/26/2012 at 4:21 AM, Cyrem said:

On 11/26/2012 at 4:21 AM, Cyrem said:

At the end of the 'Target' path add "/FROMLAUNCHER" (without quotes) after the file closing quote. (e.g "C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO\Stunt Rally\_msr.exe" /FROMLAUNCHER)

I'm having a problem with this bit of the process. whenever I add the /FROMLAUNCER to the end, windows gives me an Error. Any solutions?

JimbobJeffers

I don't have the game installed right now, but this should be the process:

X7NLKe8.gif

Maybe create the shortcut on your desktop, in case it's in Program Files which needs admin rights. Also be sure you've spelled it correctly! :)

YootBoi
3 hours ago, JimbobJeffers said:

I don't have the game installed right now, but this should be the process:

X7NLKe8.gif

Maybe create the shortcut on your desktop, in case it's in Program Files which needs admin rights. Also be sure you've spelled it correctly! :)

Ok, Thanks. turns out I set it as /FROMLAUNCER instead of /FROMLAUNCHER. Thanks!