LR Textures

Cyrem

I recognized that I can't change the textures of any track. I just tried to replace MMlava.bmp (from magma moon marathon) with the RR's lava (same bit and same size) and it didn't work. 

But the strange thing is that the downloaded HD version of test track works without any trouble

Kinda strange, my LR...

When replacing the MMlava.bmp file with the LRR lava texture, did you copy the LRR texture, rename it to MMlava.bmp, and replace it into the LR folder? If so, it may be the wrong bit depth.

I always open the original LR textures in an editor, along with the texture to replace it with, and copy over the pixels to maintain the original texture's file type.

did you copy the LRR texture, rename it to MMlava.bmp, and replace it into the LR folder?

Yes, but then I open the LRR's lava texture and save to the right bit format (8).

I always open the original LR textures in an editor, along with the texture to replace it with, and copy over the pixels to maintain the original texture's file type.

The problem is that I can't open the original textures and even if I was able to open them, it wouldn't work either because all the downloads (except Test track) don't work for me...

When I download the files from the first post and I run the game, the game says that it could not find speed.bmp. When I rereplace this texture (so I replace the downloaded with the original texture)  the game says that any other bmp could not be found. (no matter what bmp, he doesn't find any of them, I guess and I conclude out of what I've seen)...

Wait, I don't mean to patronize, but for clarification - you didn't delete the game folder, did you?

If that's not it then capitalisation may be the issue as mumboking said.

And sorry, I didn't mean the original original textures, I meant the unedited ripped ones :)

Fluffy Cupcake

I think I know what the problem is. The files in the download don't have the .bmp extension in ALL CAPS. When you replace the original files the the .BMP extension should remain in all caps though, unless you deleted the originals first.

I think I know what the problem is. The files in the download don't have the .bmp extension in ALL CAPS. When you replace the original files the the .BMP extension should remain in all caps though, unless you deleted the originals first.

But windows has a case-insensitive filesystem. It makes no difference.

Fluffy Cupcake

But windows has a case-insensitive filesystem. It makes no difference.

Windows doesn't, the game does.

Looking at it... it's basically guaranteed that the skull statue would've broken apart in a beta version, presumably revealing a [scrapped] shortcut.

AHA! Make sure the file name and extension are in ALL CAPS.

Nope, that is not the problem's solution because I named the LRR lava texture exactly the same as the magma moon marathon lava texture, so in capital letters and the bmp in caps. And of course it didn't work as welll.

I surely do pay attention to what is different to the original texture, even if you don't think so.

Fluffy Cupcake

Cyrem, updated the pack with DAD and PSP added, and fixed some textures that were having transparency issues, as well as making sure all file names had .BMP in caps. Find it here! Contact me when you are ready to update.

@alan, I'm finding it weird that the HD pack is the only thing that works.

@alan, I'm finding it weird that the HD pack is the only thing that works.

Yea, me too :/

Btw, the download link(s) are dead [at least for me]

I still cannot for the life of me figure out why the transparency on the cannonball powerup doesn't work.

CANNON16.BMP: 160, 160, 160 background color, indexed. ;)

Fluffy Cupcake

I still cannot for the life of me figure out why the transparency on the cannonball powerup doesn't work.

CANNON16.BMP: 160, 160, 160 background color, indexed. ;)

Ah, just like the one on IGP.

Yup, that fixed it! Thanks! *adds to previous post*

Ah, just like the one on IGP. Yup, that fixed it! Thanks! *adds to previous post*

Welcome. ;)

Since this pack's purpose is to enable all game textures, do you (the person read this) think it may be in order to make this into a PatchIt! patch once it is nearly finished?

I now fixed my download problem with reinstalling LR. (who knows why this works now?? :S). Then additionally I turned all bmp's to BMP's. Now it's working!

Ah, just like the one on IGP. Yup, that fixed it! Thanks! *adds to previous post*

Welcome. ;)

Since this pack's purpose is to enable all game textures, do you (the person read this) think it may be in order to make this into a PatchIt! patch once it is nearly finished?

I don't think it'd be necessary for this, as it's also helpful for quickly extracting the texture from a certain track to make a mod for it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.