LEGO Racers Menu Font?

lu9

Does someone know if there is a TTF font for the LEGO Racers menu or if someone has made it?

EDIT: I think I found it. At least, the font that most looks like it is Foo.

JrMasterModelBuilder

Foo is much different from the LEGO Racers fonts. There are actually 4 bitmaped font files: FONT_EMB.BMP, FONT_HLP.BMP, FONT_THS.BMP, and FONTMENU.BMP which are referenced by GFONTS.FDB, probably some kind of descriptor file to map out where each character is in the bitmap. I'm not 100% sure what each bitmap is or how they differ though as they are compressed with the strange format.

If someone want to make a LEGO Racers TTF (which, if one didn't, this topic would not exist), you can use this:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/le717/LEGO-Racers/Racers-1/1999/lego_racers_font_sheet.png

lego_racers_font_sheet.png

Ripped the Font Sheet out by using 3D Ripper DX. It came from the 2001 version, but it is the same for both.

Enjoy. When someone gets it made, whenever I get my Racers Click-And-Go Installer, I'll set it to installer with it (that is, if the end-user wants it to. ;))

lego_racers_font_sheet.png

Ripped the Font Sheet out by using 3D Ripper DX. It came from the 2001 version, but it is the same for both.

Strange...

When I replace the MENUDATARACERS.BMP with any font BMP, it's a long strip, not a square.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

More strange, why are the letters in the wrong order?

Yeah, that is pretty weird!

Whats with you lately replying to old threads with little to no help?

• Like 2

It's only less than a month old :)

When ripping the textures myself, I found another which seemed to be used for the start of races. I can't remember exactly, but it was ordered something like '1 2 3 4 5 6 G O F I N S H'. So, it's in the order that the characters are required. I.e. the I wasn't placed twice as it was already used before. So I reckon it's to do with the order they're required...

About the TTF, I'll see if I can make one.

EDIT: I hadn't realised that most free font creation programs don't support using images, so I don't about that. However, I did make this directly from the BMP file, you can upload it to Fontifier and pay $10 for it if you're really interested: LR Font.

• Like 2

I'm new to this stuff. I'm only a high school freshman. I'm going to give in to my computer geek and take some classes and hopefully learn about some of this stuff.

I'm new to this stuff. I'm only a high school freshman. I'm going to give in to my computer geek and take some classes and hopefully learn about some of this stuff.

I came off as a bit of an asshole there, sorry. High school is the best time to learn about these things and prepare yourself for college if your planning on taking something programming-related.

• 1 month later...
I Am Not Here

It's only less than a month old e342154.png

When ripping the textures myself, I found another which seemed to be used for the start of races. I can't remember exactly, but it was ordered something like '1 2 3 4 5 6 G O F I N S H'. So, it's in the order that the characters are required. I.e. the I wasn't placed twice as it was already used before. So I reckon it's to do with the order they're required...

About the TTF, I'll see if I can make one.

EDIT: I hadn't realised that most free font creation programs don't support using images, so I don't about that. However, I did make this directly from the BMP file, you can upload it to Fontifier and pay $10 for it if you're really interested: LR Font.

Just Wondering can you post download link?

The linked 'LR Font' image is the image file, you then need to use Fontifier to purchase it for $10. I haven't bought it myself and I doubt it'd be legal to do so and then distribute it, sorry :/

Just a point about the order of the letters; they seem to roughly follow the most to the least common letters of the English alphabet.

As I said somewhere earlier, I think it's in the order they used the letters, so that would make sense :)

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately that's not quite the same. Not only are the letters a lot taller and thinner, many don't match the LEGO Racers font - the 'E' is larger at the top rather than the base, the 'I' is missing serifs, the Q is much different, most of the holes are different, etc.

Still, that's very similar, good find :)

• 2 months later...

I guess this is the place to post this...

I just did an experiment with the font sheet and enlargement, and just like the powerup HUD, it has coordinates, and enlarging them messes everything up.

gallery_2686_215_171015.png

gallery_2686_215_227737.png

FONTMENU.BMP and FONT_THS.BMP (GAMEDATAENGLISH) enlarged 300%. Did not attempt a race, Racers 1999 @ 1366x768.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.