LEGO Island in Minecraft

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

I posted this over on TIC about 2 months ago. I oringally meant to post it here a month after, but forgot. OH WELL.

Pictures of incomplete island here:
http://s952.photobucket.com/albums/ae10/Segatendo/Minecraft/LI1%20and%20LI2/

Video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMbyYMrSLAc

Man.. need a better video editor.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Instructions before you download.
The world is in a .zip file with (world) in the file name, extract to saves. The textures is the other .zip file there. Don't extract and put into your texturepacks folder. There is also a low quality (half the size textures) version there as well if wanting to stick with default texture resolution. Also, please read everything after downloads as well while your waiting for the downloads, it's important.

Downloads:
Regular: The main download.

(Outdated)
Boundryless: This is version is more for if you want to turn it into your own survival map.
http://www.mediafire.../?zwfol9aat45gh

Patch your game with MCPatcher and have the options custom colors (and optional hd textures) checked on the mods tab. This is for if you want the lines on the road to show properly as green instead of red.

Special thanks to Lair for pre-release testing.

I might update this depending if you guys want it or not. Like adding more custom items and mobs and stuff (well, changing the gfx that is).

Fluffy Cupcake

YESSSSSSSSSS! One problem though:

-image snip-

You must of missed this part.

Patch your game with MCPatcher and have the options custom colors and hd textures checked on the mods tab. On the options tab have everything set to "custom animated". These things are required for the water and lava textures to work as well as some other things not to be glitchy. If you don't want this get the low quality versions of the texture packs.
The bolded large part is what you are experiencing.

Fluffy Cupcake

Patch your game with MCPatcher

The link to the MCPatcher gives an error in the Minecraft Forums. I'll go find it myself...

Woops! Guess I should check the links. I just copy-pasted over from TIC, which I haven't checked in a while either. I believe it was the fact that the topic title changed that the link broke.

Patch your game with MCPatcher

The link to the MCPatcher gives an error in the Minecraft Forums. I'll go find it myself...

Woops! Guess I should check the links. I just copy-pasted over from TIC, which I haven't checked in a while either. I believe it was the fact that the topic title changed that the link broke.

The pictures link is also broken.

Anyway, this is pretty darn awesome. ^_^

• Like 1

If I had MC, this would be the only thing I would play, peroid. :P

I wish I could get your world to work in Block2Brick so I would have an LDD version of it and could make a movie with it, but its files are different than the example one, and I keep getting errors....

Fluffy Cupcake

The pictures link is also broken.
Dunno how that broke. Fixed!

I should probably add a few more pics to that, although the video does does good enough at showing off already.

If I had MC, this would be the only thing I would play, peroid. :P

I wish I could get your world to work in Block2Brick so I would have an LDD version of it and could make a movie with it, but its files are different than the example one, and I keep getting errors....

:D

I was getting errors at first, but I found the way the directory was in the example was screwing it up for me.

Did it myself, file here: http://www.mediafire.com/?wo2ar0426lp7a

It seems to crash part way through opening, possible because it is too big?

I wish I could get your world to work in Block2Brick

I've never heard of Block2Brick, but my initial opinion of it is the same as every single property in LEGO Universe that tried to emulate Minecraft. If you are going to recreate Minecraft in LEGO Bricks, understand that this is minecraft and these are cubes. Standard procedure for recreating cubes in LEGO should be a procedure that creates cubes, not a scaled 5x5x4 rectangles, which could easily be reformed into perfect cubes with the addition of a single 2x2 plate.

Also, I've been watching several episodes of Zero Punctuation thanks to Zeph, and now can't stop thinking in a critical negative British accent that for the first eight episodes I thought was british because my semi-autistic brain can't wrap its head around the fact that people from different countries move their tongues a little bit differently. It's quite terrifying as it severely effects my writing style and even the tangents of my thought processes, but I don't want to stop because I find the voice of Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw to be absolutely hilarious. Unfortunately having your apparent personality perform a drastic change may have its downfalls, especially with one so negative and prone to run on sentences that require you to use 5 commas to maintain a barely adequate sentence structure as you go off topic in your post after two sentences.

Edit: Nevermind! I feel better now.

Fluffy Cupcake

Very impressive, how long did this take you to make?

I um, I'm not sure actually, since I did stop at one point and then picked it back up. I wish I did know though. Probably quite a bit of time.

Also, can I shrink images into tiny images? Clicking and dragging the borders doesn't work.
What images are you talking about?

Someone should host this on a server. :P

YESSSSSSSSSS! One problem though:

-Image Snipped-

Optifine mod does the same as MCPatcher. Except Optifine is easy to use and install

:D

I was getting errors at first, but I found the way the directory was in the example was screwing it up for me.

Did it myself, file here: -snip- It seems to crash part way through opening, possible because it is too big?

That .lxf is 15 MB. An lxf is super-compressed ZIP, the actual model is an lxfml. The lxfml is 339 MB. How big is the island???

Will edit with more later. GTG right now.

EDIT:

The example directory is what was messed up? Then what is correct way to enter the path?

I've never heard of Block2Brick, but my initial opinion of it is the same as every single property in LEGO Universe that tried to emulate Minecraft. If you are going to recreate Minecraft in LEGO Bricks, understand that this is minecraft and these are cubes. Standard procedure for recreating cubes in LEGO should be a procedure that creates cubes, not a scaled 5x5x4 rectangles, which could easily be reformed into perfect cubes with the addition of a single 2x2 plate.

Thats because it's a very small project on Sourceforge that doesn't have many downloads. The only reason I found it was by searching LEGO on Sourceforge (that's how I found LIME). And the if conversion LXF is messed up, then please make us a new one so we can properly convert our MC worlds. :)

Someone should host this on a server. :P

+1 to this. :P

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.