LIME (LEGO Island Music Extractor)

le717

Sooo... Did we hear back from this guy about uf/when he may try his hand at other files in the game?

...and WHY isn't this on TIC?

Sooo... Did we hear back from this guy about uf/when he may try his hand at other files in the game?

I haven't. And the SF and GitHub projects haven't been updated either. It's only been two weeks, and he wrote it over a year ago. He has to remember what he did, and he may be rewriting it with newer/bette /functions for extraction of the other SI files. I'll see about contacting him again.

...and WHY isn't this on TIC?

'Cause I ain't no member there. ;P

• 4 weeks later...

I was viewing the SF and GitHub projects, and they had no updates. That is, until I saw that the GitHub one had been updated 9 days ago. He's doing a complete rewrite of LIME. It's not done yet (he has yet to add text for the print functions), but it means that we are getting closer to an SI extractor and LEGO Island modding! :D

It's being uploaded as a branch of the main project. I think it would be fun to play with, even if it's not done. ;P

https://github.com/mathom/LIME/commits/rewrite/lime.py

Well Doc, whatever herp@derp really means (or nothing at all), if I do run LIME through py2EXE, i'll only do the original release. It would make no sence to run the one through it, considering the mess it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rqC90in4ZI

Well Doc, whatever herp@derp really means (or nothing at all), if I do run LIME through py2EXE, i'll only do the original release. It would make no sence to run the one through it, considering the mess it is.

*facepalm*

http://rrubucket.s3....LIME_218948.zip

Edit: I've left the setup.py in there, in case anyone wants to do anything with it.

• 2 months later...

It's amazing what you can find on the Internet. :P

I was browsing Sourceforge yesterday to download a program I found the day before but didn't bookmark it. And you know on then SF search results how the program icon will be displayed if the developer added one? Well, while looking for that program (which didn't have an icon), I saw a green, 2x2 brick surrounded in a blue circle], and it was called LIME. Intrigued by this combination of icon

and name, I clicked the project, and found may be the biggest update to LEGO Island modding ever:

This small project (also hosted on GitHub) consists of single Python file that claims to extract the music

from JUKEBOX.SI (and any other SI files with music/audio from them). It has had only three code commits, and according to a blog post written on August 19,

2011, it is a stable release, ready to be used.

I downloaded the .py file, and after contacting for a copy of JUKEBOX.SI ("Muffin for you for reading the credits :P"), figuring

out what version of Python to use, and record a video about it 4 times (Afterburner would not create an AVI), I am ready to surprise the forum with this amazing piece of software that was already on the Internet for a year and was not written by me! :D

A few notes here:

* After much testing, I found that LIME will works with Python 2.7.3. It will end in a syntax error when run with Python 3K. I did not run it on anything lower than Python 2.5.

*Since it is written in Python, it can be re-purposed to extract the other, non-audio SI files, or extract JUKEBOX.SI without converting them to WAV.

*My extraction ended in an error presumably from a semi-corrupt download. I don't think it will do that for the file copied from the disc or a game installation.

Basically, this small script changes the future of LEGO Island modding. And we have Matthew & Nick Thompson to thank for it. :)

O.T.

Segatendo, I hope this helps boost your BDay up to a 11! :D

why dont you just put the JUKEBOX.SI on the exe.Because that would be much easier then having to type in comands.

why dont you just put the JUKEBOX.SI on the exe.Because that would be much easier then having to type in comands

First, can you edit your post to remove the entire topic post? It's really large, and for people with smaller screens, make it hard to read what you wrote. ;)

I don't exactly understand your question. Are you are referring to TheDoctor's link in which he compiled the .py into an EXE, or something else? At either rate, it impossible to tie JUKEBOX.SI into the py script. You have to type the commands. I have not tested it, but you may be able to drag JUKEBOX onto the EXE or py script to extract it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just going to let you guys know, I made a Python 2 and 3 compatible version of the original LIME, submitted a pull request, and Matt accepted it. Hopefully he remembered who I am from the messages I posted above, and this might motivate him a little bit to work on it. He told me around Christmas he was working on it after work, but he has not committed anything. If anyone has any info that could help him, post it here and I'll contact him with it.

Update: Turns out the PR I submitted was borked. I was testing with Python 2 instead of 3 the whole time, and had no idea it was broken. In the mean time, the original LIME is still Python 2 only, but some formatting changes I made are available in the newest commit.

Edited by le717

If any of you are looking for a GUI of LIME,try this out:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58490278/LIME_UI_As_EXE.zip

Just to expound on what dellr said, that is a custom version of the original LIME I made. I replaced the command-line parameters with a file dialog selection box, targeted to look for SI archives only. It is an Windows x86 EXE, so it will work on any computer supported by py2Exe. Source code is not included in that download, so later on I may include it and reupload it here.

• 3 months later...

Just a small report, after rio submitted a bug report to Matt, a fix was applied, and a pull request from me, the original LIME now the ability to extract all audio from the SI archives. That is the theory, however. It should pull it all out, as long as error in another location of the script is not hit. The newest version also adds a file dialog box if you don't invoke the command-line parameters, and it extracts the audio to a subfolder of the directory the script is located in, using the name of the SI as the subfolder name. It's not Python 3 compatible, and I haven't frozen an Exe or anything, but I will soon, if Doc doesn't beat me to it. ;P

Matt also gave a bit more info on the rewrite of LIME, and how the original works. No, it's not finished the rewrite; he hasn't worked on it in 9 months. It currently dumps binaries (what ever that means, exactly), and he said we may want to check that out. As for the original, the SI files are basically RIFF data (as we already know), and the script

The WAV conversion is about as simple as it gets because the source format is basically WAV already. It just has some meta data in the original file that doesn't make it over.

That just made eventual audio modding a whole lot easier. :lol:

So, yea, that is all.

the original LIME now the ability to extract all audio from the SI archives.

It's not. None of the pizza stuff is here, lots of missing dialogue, and garage.SI won't extract at all despite being filled with Nubby, and there also isn't any of the vehicle build music. It's still extracting a lot more than before, though.

It's not. None of the pizza stuff is here, lots of missing dialogue, and garage.SI won't extract at all despite being filled with Nubby, and there also isn't any of the vehicle build music. It's still extracting a lot more than before, though.

Finish the message.

That is the theory, however. It should pull it all out, as long as error in another location of the script is not hit

I kinda figured it wouldn't be able to pull absolutely every last piece of audio, since it may still miss some stuff, but I knew it pulled out a lot more. I didn't attempt to extract all the SIs before I wrote that, so I didn't know GARAGE.SI had Nubby's voice.

Finish the message.

I did. Doesn't mean I can't confirm it as false even though you presumed it.

Why wouldn't GARAGE? ALL the SI files have audio in them, besides the ones with video.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Fluffy Cupcake

@Cloudstrife987, if there was anything new I'm sure it would of been mentioned. Stuff like that isn't usually held back from the community... well at least not for long.

• 4 weeks later...

The MusicTheme3.wav and Jail_Music.wav is kinda the same, why did they put both in it?

Also, it would be very nice if someone can post the newst version of LIME. I'm getting errors like crazy and I didn't even managed to export one file...

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.