Does anyone still play this? (My LEGO Network)

ExtremeDude2

ExtremeDude2

I was wondering if anyone still plays My LEGO Network, I randomly started playing again xD, my name is (get ready for it): gasman7777777 (hey, I made it years ago so don't judge :P)

I've...honestly never heard of this.

After googling, "My LEGO Network is a new social networking site built especially for children." ( http://mln.lego.com/en-us/network/status.aspx )

It doesn't seem to be a game, but rather, a social networking site.

I was once a part of that. I had finished all the themes including the new (at the time) space theme (can't remember it's name). I had a maxed out friends list and at least one of every object. Before I, I made a request thread and gave 1 object to all the friends on my list.

I was called something like Dog724.

I was once a part of that. I gave up on it and the whole site at some point, too many stupid people and too much screwing around with the site design and gallery layouts. Never could get past level 5.

I got up to rank 7. MLN shouldn't count as a social networking site. The only way you can communicate to others through it is by soulless preset messages. It's closer to a puzzle and teamwork game, where you gather resources through various ways from NPC users and secret NPC users.

Like a social networking site, you have your own page, on which you can place modules. Modules can receive clicks from other players. Advanced modules you gain later on allow you to gain specific resources per day, and/or resources per clicks. Clicks are limited though, as each user only gets a specific number of clicks per day. Users have 20+8*rank clicks to spend each day, that accumulate evenly across the day. Rank is determined by the number of masterpieces you have made. Masterpieces are made from gaining a masterpiece blueprint, and gathering the resources the blueprint states. Each rank, from 0-9, has a masterpiece to go to the next rank, so there are ranks 0-10. Rank is the primarily a status symbol in MLN.

Each rank has its own NPCs that will only friend you at that rank. By friending an NPC, you can trade with it on its page, or send it mail for hints or items.

There are a wide variety of resources in MLN. The most basic are bricks. You start off with red bricks, but eventually have to deal with blue, yellow, green, purple, orange, black, white, grey, and clear bricks as you advanced in rank. You also have to gather an odd variety of items to complete blueprints for masterpieces, modules, or items. Items or resources are also required to click on specific advanced modules.

Modules give you plenty of options of how to set up your page. Your page is a 3x4 area, and modules take up either a 1x1, 1x2, or 1x3 space.

The main goal of MLN is to get each rank and masterpiece. You can also attempt to friend secret NPCs, or side plots that don't deal with rank, such as the Bionicle Plot.

The higher you go, the more complex it gets, and the more teamwork you need. By rank 5 I needed to make a bot to continue, as I was forever alone. Also, I seem to have gotten carried away with this post.

I would be interested in working with a team to get to rank 10.

• Like 6

lol username

I was a beta tester for it back in 2008-ish... In the released "game" I think I'm around rank 7 or so, I got through rank 6 in less then 24 hours. xD (At least, I think it was rank 6, whatever the one is that has the secret agent and music theme to it... I like the themes and characters of MLN, they're quite unique)

I remember that old network before it, where... It's hard to explain, as it's been years, but it was like...gahhhhh I can't remember

ExtremeDude2

I remember that old network before it, where... It's hard to explain, as it's been years, but it was like...gahhhhh I can't remember

Yep, I had one of those too, it was more like a social networking site than MLN :P, I also got all the badges for having one :D

Fluffy Cupcake

I have MLN, my username is fallinglego. Don't recall what level I'm on anymore. If you guys want to add me as a friend, be sure to let me know your name so I know who to accept. ;)

Ah, MLN. I did that. I'm le717 (couldn't guess that one, could ya. :P). I'm nowhere near that place anymore. LU changed all that. :P

I remember when MLN Beta came out. I was logged inot my brother's account somehow, and I clicked "Join MLN Beta" Knowing he would be mad that I was on his account, I closed the browser before it went through. Years later, I told about that, and he now wishes I had let it submit. :P

I remember the Club Pages before MLN. I always had someone from Exo-force as the sticker at the top of the page in between my stats. Heh, I faintly rememeber the pages before those. I could either the Castle theme or the Red and Yellow Brick theme, and there were little windows where you could put stuff. I always picked the castle until the very end, when I started using the Bricks.

OH YEAH. I remember that. I was an original club member (and they also signed me up to receive the LEGO Club Australia magazines), a beta tester and I also got a badge for being an old member (like, being there for a couple years).

ExtremeDude2

So anyone want to help each other get to lvl 10 :3? I hijacked one of my siblings account (the other I can't remember the password xD), and made an alt :D

• 2 weeks later...
GordonFreeman

MLN... Can people just PLEASE let that thing die in peace so that LEGO forgets about it and does some sort of revamp to the MBs that would integrate user "pages". MLN was a horrible flop for LEGO, worse than Spinning Flywheel Furries (Legends of Chima)

Wow, that was ages ago.

I think I still have an account... I'll just make a new one. I'd be glad to help.

My username is the same...

Added :3

I really need someone to click my dino grazing so I can get dino horns xD, that is really the only think keeping me from the next rank other than time :P

At the end is rank 10. Simple.

I have rank 7 and I can help if anyone wants it.

Cool, I need someone to click my dino grazing module :3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.