Review: 6093 Flying Ninja Fortress

AcePilot90

6093 Flying Ninja Fortress

Review by El Scorcho

This is my review of LEGO set #6093 - Flying Ninja Fortress, it's from the 1999 Ninja sub-theme for Castle and contains 694 pieces, it was originally 90 dollars retail, but I got it used for 10 at a yard sale.

2klegz.jpg

There's the Fortress in a whole, pretty big lookin'.

Let's take a look at the minifigures...

vdmwjl.jpg

It has nine minifigures total, including a skeleton.

From left to right: Two blue samurai guards, Samurai, Gi Dan the Shogun, Two of Ito the gray ninja, Bonsai the black ninja, Robber Chief Kendo, and the skeleton with a red bandana.

ixxulv.jpg

Bonsai and Ito's faces.

Oh, and the horse!

21l2vbq.jpg

As for weapons, here's all of them, excluding the one's attached to the set somehow. (A katana, and the halberds)

2s93l6r.jpg

Six katanas, and two black muskets (which are actually pretty rare).

As far as vehicles go, it includes Ito's glider, which appears to be crafted out of feathers.

r92748.jpg

oac70p.jpg

Flying Ninja, much? Also, the blue clip pieces are meant for spears, I think, but I'm not sure, as the directions don't say so.

And finally... onto the fortress itself.

28gy3if.jpg

It's deconstructed! Everything is detachable, conveniently easy storage and transportation for me.

huqf5z.jpg

Could it be? The legendary Koi!

21awg8x.jpg

Each front corner has one of these Japanese-style statues.

96hyis.jpg

Here comes Bonsai, ready to steal some of the sacred ruby. A green vine, which is also used as spidey's web, or Luke's grapple. No big ugly rock pieces here, folks, just slanted rock wall pieces!

afexea.jpg

And now, we go to the back side.

1zl5cw9.jpg

Starting from the first tower, the first room is a bedroom, a guard outpost I assume, a clear wine glass, a blue table, and a bed with white sheets.

chitc.jpg

Below that room is a chrome crystal, with two yellow goblets by it's sides.

--Or so you think!

2e1x81z.jpg

It's actually a skeleton!

Just kidding, it's a revolving door, one side a crystal, the other the red bandana skeleton.

16iws4o.jpg

Below that tower, a katana on a yellow pedestal.

33le4x2.jpg

The next tower over is surprisingly empty, but that's probably because of the nearby trap.

2ufzfw1.jpg

YIKES! Four halberds, ready to fall onto the next unsuspecting visitor!

2lpcfd.jpg

Y'ouch! Chief Kendo just took four halberds in the face. That's right, pull the red cylinder attached to a brown stick to make the halberds fall.

xmoeav.jpg

On each doorway pillar facing outward are two brown spears, not sure if they are decor or what. And a brown ladder, which can be bent up to keep Chief Kendo from escaping.

33kwy7m.jpg

A barrel, as storage for extra katanas.

352oebq.jpg

A jail cell, to keep the evil Robber Chief Kendo in. There's a red cup and a yellow goblet in the cell.

j8i5uo.jpg

The room above it... has absolutely nothing? There's a reason, trust me.

2dhxteg.jpg

Two ruby crystals beside a script. Truely the robber's delight!

35bb2o7.jpg

"Two ruby crystals? For me?"

otm88m.jpg

Could've warned him! A trap door, when you pull the technic piece connected to a red canister on the side, down goes the robber!

tandjr.jpg

Last floor! A chest, on two 1x2 gray flats with a black 1x2 plate, to keep it on loosely.

jr5t0j.jpg

Inside the chest, are four golden coins, A disappointment for a big chest, but whatever.

358th68.jpg

On top of this tower, as well as the other two, you can station a samurai guard with a musket.

upndd.jpg

From a scale from 1 to 10, I'd give this set an 8, there's plenty of playability and a lot of traps and little things that make it a fun set.

Thanks for reading my review! Sorry about some of the bad quality images, I used my android, and the camera chooses when it wants to be good or bad quality.

• 5 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.