PROJECT: BLUE thread

CTXXTC

--WELCOME--

Hey everyone! As you may or may not know Phoenyx recently posted a picture about PROJECT: BLUE, which was made by me. However that is not what we're talking about here. This is the official PROJECT: BLUE thread

in which we will update constantly after the full reveal which includes the info, backstory and video footage etc.

--WE NEED YOUR HELP--

Following several incidents, our development team has been reduced to three men after losing our fifth as well as our fourth being unaccounted for and we are in need of your help to ensure that this project does not go in the bin. If you are interested in helping out with development contact me and tell me what you can do.

STEAM: ctxxtc180

XFIRE: pvtkappus

--WHAT IS PROJECT: BLUE?--

As of now, we cannot tell you what PROJECT BLUE and neither can the others on the dev team as they have been sworn to secrecy and other than a small reveal, no one outside of the staff know what PROJECT: BLUE is. Despite this, select few people and of course the RRU community will be able to have instant access to testing once it is ready.

And as always, keep it sloth!

acDX0.png

You don't tell me what it is, I don't offer any help. Simple.

i have the storyline somewhere, but i don't think that i have permission to send you a part of it.

You don't tell me what it is, I don't offer any help. Simple.

You offer help, they tell you what it is. Simple.

Interesting...

...how you can make posts that contain one word and have nothing to do with the topic.

• Like 2

thetoolraider

Interesting...

...how you can make posts that contain one word and have nothing to do with the topic.

I think the project is interesting...

I think the project is interesting...

Hey ToolRaider, here is an excellent rule of not getting moderators or anyone angry. If a comment follows the general implied consensus of the RRU community, and contains only that consensus, do not type it.

• Like 2

Has this something to do with Bionicle?

Nope.

--UPDATE REVEAL--

Following some extensive testing by Pascal, I have decided we are to abandon our current engine for Unity following some video demonstrations.

What's the current engine?

Unity sucks the balls deep and hard. It's not worthy for GOOD game development.

get out, you have never used unity, ive seen great games being developed in it.

• Like 1

We've finally decided during a live-chat session that we will be using the Source SDK unless Source 2 is released in a reasonable amount of time. For those of you who were not at the meeting when this was decided and do not agree with this, I regret to say that we've made up our minds.

Well, I'm sorry that I had school work to do...

I have a request, then. You must teach me everything about Source. I need to work on a Portal map for two of my friends, so I'm hoping you can teach me enough skills in hammer so I can go ahead and modify the VMF file I've already generated from my PTI map to make it good.

get out, you have never used unity, ive seen great games being developed in it.

I've used Unity. It's terrible. UDK is significantly better on all counts.

unless Source 2 is released in a reasonable amount of time.

Yeah, SFM is S2 forwards compatible, but I'm not sure S2 will actually be ready for a long time. Methinks they've only recently started development, unless CS:GO is on S2?

Well, I'm sorry that I had school work to do...

I have a request, then. You must teach me everything about Source. I need to work on a Portal map for two of my friends, so I'm hoping you can teach me enough skills in hammer so I can go ahead and modify the VMF file I've already generated from my PTI map to make it good.

You'll have to ask someone who can do mapping. I specialize in engine modification and other code work.

I can teach you some stuff. I'm not an expert but I've been working with Hammer quite a lot.

I can teach you some stuff. I'm not an expert but I've been working with Hammer quite a lot.

It would be much appreciated. Last time I opened Hammer, it looked quite dusty and old...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.