RRU Loco server

Lair

We have had a Minecraft server, why not a LEGO Loco one?

HOW TO JOIN IN HAMACHI:

Join the group Lairbase-##
The ## starts with 01 and goes up. 01 is currently full, so try 02. If that's full, then 03.

Password is "Loco" on all of them.

HOW TO JOIN IN LOCO:
IP is 25.176.160.66
THERE IS ROOM FOR NINE ONLY, SET UP YOUR OWN SERVER IF YOU WANT MORE.

IF THERE IS ANY ISSUE LET ME KNOW

Wasn't aware you could have a permanent server for the game. I thought it was local only.

It has to be done through a VPN like Hamachi, so I can set up several servers on the same computer (only 4 can join a server) and then run loco and when they search for multiplayer Loco will find it and connect.

I'm installing Loco now, when ready can anyone help test to make sure it works?

EDIT: Loco won't install right :/

Wasn't aware you could have a permanent server for the game. I thought it was local only.

i had othergames that only said local, but since i found some ports of that game i could manage to port forward it (not sure if it would work on loco but you could try :3)

i found some ports of that game i could manage to port forward it (not sure if it would work on loco but you could try :3)

Tried that last night, didn't work. Hamachi's the only way to play over the internet.

i found some ports of that game i could manage to port forward it (not sure if it would work on loco but you could try :3)

Tried that last night, didn't work. Hamachi's the only way to play over the internet.

k, well, i already have hamachi installed, i could (EHMAHGERD ILLEGARL STURF) lego loco and host a server for a while.

Isn't it actually possible to have 9 people playing together in Lego Loco Multiplayer? One Hamachi network does indeed only support 5 people (if that's your concern), but if the one who hosts the game opens another Hamachi network, people from both networks should be able to join.

Isn't it actually possible to have 9 people playing together in Lego Loco Multiplayer? One Hamachi network does indeed only support 5 people (if that's your concern), but if the one who hosts the game opens another Hamachi network, people from both networks should be able to join.

so I can set up several servers on the same computer (only 4 can join a server)

;)

But I've been having trouble installing Loco. :( If I can't get it to work I might open a help topic because it just asdf :wimp:

;)

But I've been having trouble installing Loco. :( If I can't get it to work I might open a help topic because it just asdf :wimp:

Alright. 1: Are you installing it on Win x64 or Win x86? It makes a big difference. If I try to install LOCO on x64, it takes a while for it to load. On x86, it loads right up.

2: Have you tried this?

Note that if you have a 2001 rerelease (like I have) you'll get an error message saying to reinstall it.

If none of that works, I'll dig out my on an Alternate LOCO installer and either get you the registry strings or try to finish and release it (which ever is quicker). ;)

About the server, I would like a server too, but with Hamachi, everyone who wants to play needs to have it instaled, and if you shut off a PC, you loose a server. I remember a game called LEGO MMORPG, and the dev used a site which had a game sever function and sometimes loaded his personal server, but that site seems to have changed it's role, and I can't find that info anymore. It too needed a client, but only for the sever. If the server client was running, anyone could join without installing anything else.

I'm installing it on x64 because I can leave that computer up, but it keeps telling me to re-install Loco. I don't know what year it is, but all the files say 1998.

About the server, I would like a server too, but with Hamachi, everyone who wants to play needs to have it instaled, and if you shut off a PC, you loose a server.

Loco can only use Hamachi as far as I know.

I'm installing it on x64 because I can leave that computer up, but it keeps telling me to re-install Loco. I don't know what year it is, but all the files say 1998.

Look the copyright info on your disc. If it says 1998-2001, it is a 2001 rerelease. The files will all say 1998, but the EXE should say 2001 (i'm not sure because I don't have my disc right now since I'm not @ home and I've yet to make an ISO...).

Loco can only use Hamachi as far as I know.

Alright. I've never testing anything else, so if Hamachi is what's needed, then we'll use it.

Look the copyright info on your disc.

I don't have it ATM, that's why i just said what the files said. I'll see when I'm able to access it again.

Look the copyright info on your disc.

I don't have it ATM, that's why i just said what the files said. I'll see when I'm able to access it again.

OK. As for that installer, it seems either I never added the strings to it (although I thought I did already), or it's sitting on a computer somewhere and I didn't upload it anywhere. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This is still up for grabs, by the way. I have everything I need working, and I'll try to put something up this weekend. Anyone who wants to participate or whatever just ask, unless you don't have time, or don't want to, or don't like loco, or don't have loco (or hamachi).

I have Hamachi. I don't mind setting one up if someone can give me server files.

First of all, sharing the game's EXE is illegal. Second, in case you didn't notice, this is something I'm doing. If you want to set one up too fine, but this is for the server I am creating. Third of all, you have no idea how LEGO LOCO works.

k we had our first game today, lasted 2 hours 40 minutes, started off with us having no idea how to connect and then ended up with trains crashing everywhere and people losing their map files after midnight. funnnnnnWHOOOOHOOOHOO

k we had our first game today, lasted 2 hours 40 minutes, started off with us having no idea how to connect and then ended up with trains crashing everywhere and people losing their map files after midnight. funnnnnnWHOOOOHOOOHOO

Sounds like LOCO! :P

Are you having another one today? I might be able to join.

ProfessorBrickkeeper

Okay, I was considering purchasing LEGO Loco for awhile now, but now I think I finally have a (really) good reason to get it. Hope to get to try the server (and train wrecks) for myself soon. :)

Okay, I was considering purchasing LEGO Loco for awhile now, but now I think I finally have a (really) good reason to get it. Hope to get to try the server (and train wrecks) for myself soon. :)

Just remember that we use Hamachi, and unless that Win98 laptop of yours has Wifi and is an supported OS (not a chance), you'll have to run it in WINE Bottles.

ProfessorBrickkeeper

Just remember that we use Hamachi, and unless that Win98 laptop of yours has Wifi and is an supported OS (not a chance), you'll have to run it in WINE Bottles.

Well I'm just going to run it on my modern PC emulator (Parallels) on my Mac so there shouldn't be any problems for me there.

Aaargh, I probably have to join this madness, too :).

Protip for the person in the middle area:

Build a arena, where the trains crash.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.