LI2 BOD/BOB Extractor v1.0

legomoe

I forget who it was, but someone on the forum was wishing that they had a tool that could extract all the LEGO Island 2 .bod/.bob archives at once.

Well, here it is:

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dvqsgbb9858e8ue/LI2_Extracter_v1.0.zip

RRU Files Database: https://www.rockraidersunited.com/files/dl-r436/

Just extract the .exe to the '_data' folder in your LEGO Island 2 install directory. You'll need to run it from a terminal though.

To extract all the .bod/.bob files, run it with the command line argument '-all'. Example: "LI2Extractor.exe -all"

It can also extract individual .bod/.bob archives, just enter the .bod file as the command line argument and it will automatically open and extract the corresponding .bob file on its own.

By the way, I think that when you extract a .bod/.bob archive into the game's '_data' folder, the game should read those files, instead of using the archive, otherwise this tool would e ind of pointless without something to rebuild all the archives.

I might still end up releasing a tool for rebuilding all the archives, I'll just have to see If I can get around to it...

Legomoe

Edited by Slimy Slug
  • Like 5

By the way, I think that when you extract a .bod/.bob archive into the game's '_data' folder, the game should read those files, instead of using the archive.

This is correct. If you leave LI2 running while you change some textures, when you go back to the game you'll see those new textures.

This is correct. If you leave LI2 running while you change some textures, when you go back to the game you'll see those new textures.

You're right. That's very interesting. I would have thought that the game would per-cache all textures when it loads a level, but I guess not

I've also figured out that the game will try and use as much content as it can from the extracted folders first, but if it can't find something, it looks in the archives. So you could conceivably just put your modified files in the folders, and leave the rest in the archives.

This should make distributing mods a cinch, since a mod author would only have to distribute the files they modify, and the end user could just extract them to their game directory.

• Like 3

• ShadowDraikana changed the title to LI2 BOD/BOB Extractor v1.0

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.