Sign in to follow this  
AcePilot90

Extracting IXS's models?...

AcePilot90

I am wondering if anyone knows how to extract/convert IXS's models, I remember awhile back, there was a guy who could convert them, and use them in Garry's Mod.

I really regret not asking, as I don't remember who it was, as it was some guy on a forum offering converted models for Garry's Mod, IXS was one of the games he said he could get models from...

Mysteli

IXS models in gmod, sounds interesting. Sorry, don't know anything about it. I did find this though, not sure if it the forum/topic you were talking about. Come to think of it, the LI2 models could probably be put in gmod, though colision boxes would have to be made for them.

AcePilot90

YES.

It is that exact topic.

And when porting models to source, textures must be coverted to .vtf, models to .mdl, and you must create a .phys for the model to have physics.

But I'm not looking to do that.

I just really want to find out IXS's file formats to convert and use the models...

Sharkly

I converted some Lego Island 2 models to source. I tried to convert the island itself and failed, source models have a maximum of 32 materials per model. Anyways, good luck finding the IXS format.

Mysteli
I tried to convert the island itself and failed, source models have a maximum of 32 materials per model.
Yeah, I tried and failed as well. I think at the part where I tried to opening it in Hammer (it was to complex or something else wrong with it)

Zorg_Sinister
On 7/26/2012 at 6:47 PM, Mysteli said:
On 7/26/2012 at 3:25 PM, Sparky said:
I tried to convert the island itself and failed, source models have a maximum of 32 materials per model.

Yeah, I tried and failed as well. I think at the part where I tried to opening it in Hammer (it was to complex or something else wrong with it)

What is Hammer ?