King Kahuka Demo Car

lopee

Ok, so it may be hard to explain what I'm after here but I'll try...

So you know that if you wait on the start menu long enough you'll get to the king kahuka driving against captain redbeard, but the car looks slightly different and the way he drives is different because it doesnt make that noise when he turns, and he seems to drive abit faster. I was wondering if there was any possibilty to drive just like the other cars.

Also, if you drive in reverse while looking behind and driving the right direction you will achieve the non-noisy sound when you turn and you will also drive a little bit faster(i tihnk).

ps. Im new here :)

• Like 1

lol username

All the NPC cars use different models and textures from the player cars. The player car models are just the chassis of the vehicle with the rest of it composed of individual brick models, while the cars the NPCs drive are all one model and have some additional shading and stuff baked in. The NPC cars also work a bit different from the player car when racing, the player car actually collides with the track, while the NPC cars simply follow a path and ignore the track model and collision entirely. In the demo, the game just puts the player camera behind the King Kahuka NPC car, so the car looks different and also moves differently due to the fact that it's following the NPC path. I doubt it's possible to make the player car act like an NPC car in terms of handling, but it is probably possible to drive the NPC cars by swapping around the models (which I've been intending to do for a while now, but never gotten around to).

• Like 3

Ok, you understood exactly what i meant atleast :)

What kind of software would be needed to replace the NPC car with the "play-built" car?

And thanks for the quick answer!

lol username

You can extract, modify, and re-compile the LEGO.JAM file (which contains all the game data such as cars) with tools in this forum:

http://www.rockraidersunited.org/forum/136-modding-tools/

I've always tried to build the NPC cars.

But I never had a real reference.

It would be cool to play as one of them.

I've tried out the Jam_Extractor_Python in both 32-bit and 64-bit, but it doesn't seem to open for me. It quickly opens and then closes instantly. It may have something to do with my virus program detecting it as a potential virus but i've tried shutting it down and still it wont open. Any thoughts about that?

And if someone has an exact tutorial on how to swap NPC cars, I would be glad if you replied here :)

Thanks!

JrMasterModelBuilder

I've tried out the Jam_Extractor_Python in both 32-bit and 64-bit, but it doesn't seem to open for me. It quickly opens and then closes instantly. It may have something to do with my virus program detecting it as a potential virus but i've tried shutting it down and still it wont open. Any thoughts about that?

And if someone has an exact tutorial on how to swap NPC cars, I would be glad if you replied here :)

Thanks!

It's a command line tool. It runs as long as it has something to do, then closes (when directly opened, it has nothing to do, so it closes). The easiest way to use it is to drag-and-drop the LEGO.JAM file onto JAMExtractor.exe, and it will extract the file.

Dragged and dropped it. Still doesn't work? Maybe it has to do with how I obtained the game files. I pirated it. But I do own a legal copy of it to, but i just can't find it.

The Boss Cars? They automatically build from the chassis with the 'quick-build' button.

The Boss Cars? They automatically build from the chassis with the 'quick-build' button.

No, no, the NPCs, the others racing.

If you pay attention to details you will notice the shadings of the cars are very different from NPCs driving to the player driving.

Noob Slayer

Yeah. And I've also noticed that Gypsy Moth (Boss - not player) uses the black roof tiles on the back of her car instead of the grey ones. She also has a black car chassis on the bottom.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Theoretically, I guess this would be possible. It would probably require an insane amount of work though. Swapping the cars is one thing, but having your car act like an NPC car seems impossible too me. I recon there will be far too many parameters to change.

• 4 weeks later...

I was messing with the files and got this:

LEGO318_zps518104c8.png

LEGO320_zps8ed0cd22.png

LEGO317_zps40e6c35e.png

LEGO319_zps7a28b50f.png

But this is totally useless because I had to replace the wheels with the car model to make it work. It would be good if we replaced the chassis with the car model but I didn't find the chassis models anywhere...

• Like 2

LEGO318_zps518104c8.png

LEGO320_zps8ed0cd22.png

LEGO317_zps40e6c35e.png

LEGO319_zps7a28b50f.png

But this is totally useless because I had to replace the wheels with the car model to make it work. It would be good if we replaced the chassis with the car model but I didn't find the chassis models anywhere...

You mean you couldn't find the chassis files for the player cars? That's weird, since it's not all one model like the NPC cars.

• 2 weeks later...

LEGO318_zps518104c8.png

LEGO320_zps8ed0cd22.png

LEGO317_zps40e6c35e.png

LEGO319_zps7a28b50f.png

But you might be on to something here, atleast you got the models right!

CaptainGolem

For King Kahuka I swapped KKCM.GDB, MDB and TDB with KKJMW.GDB, MDB and TDB. For mummy I swapped PHCM files with DBJMW files.

I'm suspecting that our problem is that there is no file called KKCM.ADB. I tried renaming KKJMW.ADB to KKCM.ADB and the game crashed...it's pretty glitchy.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Jack Bluebeard

I found it! The King Kahuka's model are in fact the wheels, NOT the chassis, that's why there isn't any KKCM.ADB file.

Edited by Rob N Hood

I found it! The King Kahuka's model are in fact the wheels, NOT the chassis, that's why there isn't any KKCM.ADB file.

Can you tell me how you made it work?

Im new to modding and i need some kind of guideline to how i shall proceed ;-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.