New MultiTool for Lego Island 2 [WIP]

pivke_oldaccount

pivke_oldaccount

Hello,

I'm very new to this forum, because I'm actually from the xentax.com-forum. So, the reason for this post; I'm nearly finished with a Tool, to get files from Lego Island 2 and reimport them. After I've done some of game archive researching, I've found the posts of "legomoe" on this forum (awesome guy, that already wrote an extractor), so I felt responsible for the tool to post it here for you.

So, back to the tool, short description:

• The tool is able to export all files (Textures, Meshes, Collisionfiles, Cutscene, Camera, Waypoint, Lighting etc.). The exporter has a useful feature: It (will/is) able to export Meshes as .OBJ (or native .msh) and Textures to .BMP (or native .tga). Same for the importer (->see below).
  • The tool importer let's you import/replace any file you want. For meshes, there will be an .OBJ-importer (the tool internal converts it to .msh-file) and for .TGA-files, there will be an .BMP-importer.
  • The tool will be able to export the whole archives files in a folder like it's hierarchical tree.
  • The tool will give you a "Live-View" (to show the actual mesh in 3D, textfiles in an simple textview, collision-files in 3D and textures)
  • And last but not least, with the tool you can show the hierarchical system with it's files, to have a better overview

Actual screenshot: (20/07/2012 - 08:57) WIP

multitool-li2j7zwp.jpg

Progress of the Multitool:

Issues/TO DO:

• Progressbar show's wrong numbers when loading filetable (fixed)
  • Show hierarchical tree of files (fixed)
  • Export all files at once with hierarchical folder-structure (solved)
  • Fix "show hierarchical..." signal/slot problem (fixed)
  • Fix wrong entries in table (offset/size) (fixed)
  • Progressbar - progress while exporting files
  • Liveview-button on the menu bar (solved)
  • Liveview for all files (textures, 3d, text)
  • Enable sorting of the table by clicking on the tabs (e.g. "Filename", "Size", "Offset" etc.) (solved)
  • GUI (solved)
  • Add GUI-Design combobox to the menubar (solved)
  • Add progressbar-status to all operations

[warn='Notice, the tool isn't finished yet!']Please notice, that the tool isn't finsished yet. I would call it for 70% finished. I hope for some positive resonance. And I already would love to see some people, modding their own vehicles, buildungs and snow-textures :-)

[/warn]

Special thanks to:

• "legomoe" (rockraidersuntied.org)
  • "RickyOs" (xentax.com)
  • "matze" (friend)

And sorry for my english, I'm from germany.

Thanks for reading!

Oh wow, now that's an awesome tool! With an importer, we'll finally be able to do something with the game

And yes, you can update your progress in this topic (I'm sure others will like that too)

Welcome to RRU!

Ah, Xentax. If you need anything from a video game, it's either Xentax or nothing.

Thanks for dropping in.

Very nice! Keep up the good work, and welcome to RRU! You will make a fine addition to us coders here on the RRU.

pivke_oldaccount

Hello,

very thank you for your polite greetings!

I've still fixed some bugs (->watch topic post). The tool is now able to show the hierarchical filesystem:

multitool-li2-hierarctle68.jpg

pivke_oldaccount

You should make it possible for us to make our own GUI or be able to choose one from a list.

Ok, no problem :-)

• Like 1

Wow, this looks really impressive! I can't wait for you to release it!

There are a couple of things I'd like to point out, though. First, my 'LI2 Explorer' can rebuild archives that it extracts, although it looks like your tool will support re-importing individual files, which would be far superior to having to rebuild the entire archive file each time you want to change something.

Second, be careful when converting from '.tga' to '.bmp', since some '.tga' files may have transparency information that will be lost apon conversion to '.bmp'.

Most image editing programs beyond MSPaint should be able to load and manipulate '.tga' files directly, so I wouldn't worry too much about having your tool convert the games textures to '.bmp'.

pivke_oldaccount

Wow, this looks really impressive! I can't wait for you to release it!

There are a couple of things I'd like to point out, though. First, my 'LI2 Explorer' can rebuild archives that it extracts, although it looks like your tool will support re-importing individual files, which would be far superior to having to rebuild the entire archive file each time you want to change something.

Second, be careful when converting from '.tga' to '.bmp', since some '.tga' files may have transparency information that will be lost apon conversion to '.bmp'.

Most image editing programs beyond MSPaint should be able to load and manipulate '.tga' files directly, so I wouldn't worry too much about having your tool convert the games textures to '.bmp'.

I'm sorry, no offense meant, to this time I didn't know your tool is also able to rebuild the archives. I'm going to edit my first post.

Yes, the thing with the textures. Maybe it's a bit of overdo. It should be enough, to reimport the tga-files itself.

Thank you for your response legomoe!

It was alot of unattractive work, but I've got to export (all) the files hierarchical (at once). Also added a combobox to change between the "Dark"- and normally "Windows"-Style, for those of you, who wanted me to add this :-)

multitool-li2-hierarct6i91.jpg

I'm sorry, no offense meant, to this time I didn't know your tool is also able to rebuild the archives. I'm going to edit my first post.

That's OK, no offense taken :).

Actually, my LI2 Explorer can bundle any folder into a .bob/.bod archive, but your right in that it's just a little bit too clunky for any sort of fine modding work. If I were to remake it I'd do it a lot more like your multitool.

• 1 month later...
pivke_oldaccount

Update:

At the moment I really don't have any free time to work at the project. I'm trying to get a few hours on the next few days to complete the tool. Sorry for that!

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey at all!

After quite a long time I'm back. (@nickname: Captcha cracked me up  :D)

I have to be sorry, because I promised to complete this tool when I have a bit more of time. Unfortunately I could'nt continue, because I started up my own company and had a lot of hard work to do.

It seems quite bad around this project, since all data and project-files are gone to heaven.

BUT:

I'm quite a better developer now and if the demand is high enough and enough people are interested in this tool, I could redevelop a completely new, better and user-friendly tool (maybe with integrated modelviewer, textureviewer, script-editor).

@All:

So please tell me, if there is any interest in a new tool.

Thank's for reading, and sorry for letting you guys wait out there. And yeh, sorry for my english.

Oh yes I would be much indeed be interested in a modding tool for LI2. If it might allow us to somehow kill the Loading Screen of Pizza-Disc, or just make what little modding there is better and allow for more modding, I'm for it.

What happened that you had to get a new account? Locked out?

If you forgot the password to your old account, send me a PM and tell me the email address you used on that account so I can reset the password.

I don't like LI2 very much but more modding support for any game is good. Maybe we can make the game not suck, or at least make the minigames tolerable!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to you all!

If you forgot the password to your old account, send me a PM and tell me the email address you used on that account so I can reset the password.

I don't like LI2 very much but more modding support for any game is good. Maybe we can make the game not suck, or at least make the minigames tolerable!

I forgot my password and my email address was deleted, is therey any possibility anyway? Thank you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.