Axel's Mod 1.5 (Updated, 4/10/2015)

Axel

Wonderful, and all this time I have been modelling for another project that may or may not go anywhere:

meepers1.jpg

meepers2.jpg

meepers3.jpg

meepers4.jpg

meepers5.jpg

meepers6.jpg

meepers7.jpg

meepers9.jpg

Yes, I enjoy Google SketchUp. Too much.

• 1 month later...

I think Rapidshare wants to delete my mod if it doesn't get enough downloads. So if you want the mod, and it isn't at the link, let me know and I'll re-upload it for you.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say, I love this mod. New biomes look swell.

On a slightly related note (since it happened while using your mod but I can't honestly be sure if it's your mod or just Rock Raiders being Rock Raiders), I have learned that trying to cover every inch of a map's floor space in power paths is a BAD idea. As in "whoops nothing but the power paths are powered now, GL not running out of air. Or even finishing the mission" Fortunately for me, between all the buildings and a couple of drillers I had around to teleport up, I had JUST ENOUGH crystals to finish the mission.

PJAhZ.png

(to be clear because of my bad printscreen timing, the Ore Refinery, Support Station, and Super Teleport are "on" but unpowered.)

My question above this post... answer it!

You need to put that in the LRR01.WAD, and you don't need to post a second post for us to see that you want it to be answered.

• Like 2

I've tried replacing the .cfg in the 02.WAD with the one linked at the top of the first post, and the game fails to launch. Just gives me a program has stopped working error when it goes to switch from the loading screen to the main menu.

And I'm assuming that's where it's supposed to be because there isn't a .cfg in the 00/01 WADs.

It doesn't matter which WAD the CFG is in, really. WADs work by higher numbers having more precedence: if you have duplicate files in LegoRR0 and LegoRR1, the game will use the ones in LegoRR1. You can actually put the whole game in one WAD and it will run fine. And if the game can't find the CFG or if there's something wrong in it, it's going to crash much sooner than the switch to the main menu. In fact, the game won't attempt to run without a CFG.

However, I can't seem to open a WAD file that's over 80 000 kb, the word file sort of crashes/stops working, so these 3 files instead of 2 or 1 works just fine for me.

Well.. it doesn't really matter anymore, my ridiculous amount of random crashes suddenly got greatly reduced to a playable state on its own.

However, I can't seem to open a WAD file that's over 80 000 kb, the word file sort of crashes/stops working

:|

You don't open WADs in Word. You extract them with the tools.

That's probably a better idea..

Well.. it doesn't really matter anymore, my ridiculous amount of random crashes suddenly got greatly reduced to a playable state on its own.

• 1 month later...

Is this mod close enough to Baz's Mod (as in, level layouts haven't changed aside from new monsters) that I could play this instead of the original?

but both download links are broken :/

I have recovered the files from rrubucket and reuploaded them after removing the apostrophes from the filenames. You'll find the new links in the original post. By the way, having those apostrophes in the filename caused the file, when downloaded, to create a folder named "Axel" and put the zip file inside and name it " 's Mod.zip"

You put your mod inside of a folder within itself.

• 1 month later...

Links fixed and updated.

I'm not sure if that LEGO.CFG is needed for the v1.5 of the mod, but unfortunately the link to it is dead anyway.

• 7 months later...
xXDevastatorXx

hey . nice work :) love this game so much . One bug in lvl breathless stops me to go on . Every rock is simply white , ground too . Cant see anything exept rock raider and buildings. 

• 1 month later...

Update:

I've decided to make a 2.0 of this mod.  Although I can't say much right now, I intend to do the following:

-New biomes

-Spider, Scorpions, Snake enabled

-Landslides don't instantly kill Rock Raiders (but are still damaging)

-Environmental props/scenery (need someone who has Lightwave 8 so I can convert to Lightwave 5 from .OBJ)

-More sound effect changes/additions

-Modifying the GUI, but not yet sure of the extent

-Overhauling map selection screen in order to add more maps

-New maps

-MAYBE new voice-overs

-New creatures (mostly monsters, though, for specific biomes)

Some screenshots will be coming within a week.

qn3t.png

NEW BIOME

sszq.png

NEW MAP: Round the Rocks

hsr4.png

This is the first unique map I've created for Lego Rock Raiders.  It's actually really generic, in that the only real goal is to navigate through a maze of hard rock to find an area rich in energy crystals nearby.  I hope to make better use of NERPS in the future to create some more interesting objectives.  I designed this map specifically for the Rock biome, and it contains some native Rock Monsters and large spiders as well as a flock of bats and some awkwardly placed energy crystals (an issue I will remedy soon).

NEW BIOME

gallery_756_244_34564.png

My goal for the biomes is around 15 biomes - 12 biomes more than vanilla Lego RR.  One thing I've been doing my best with is trying to make my new biomes fit in with the Lego Rock Raiders aesthetic and quality, so it's very important to me that I get things looking polished.  If anyone has any criticisms/suggestions on these biomes, please let me know.

Now, there's the RockFallStyle issue I've not been able to resolve.  It looks like I might only be able to have 4 RockFallStyles in the game.  If this is indeed the case, then I have a way to work around it without looking totally like crap.

Colors.  They will be based off of color.  I wrote up a quick thing for reference for myself:

• Black - for Rock, Lava, Gold, Igneous, Crystal
  • White - for Ice, Icerock, Salt
  • Grey - for Pyrite, Surface, Stone, Pumice
  • Tan - for Sand, Fossil

The colors need to match the biomes reasonably well.

And this thing:

9sto.png

This is a stalagmite.  My hope is that one day, stalagmites and other scenery objects will repopulate the desolate ground tiles of Lego Rock Raiders.

I think the second and third of those new biomes look really good! The first one could use some more contrast; all textures look about the same to me.

Keep it up!

• Cyrem pinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.