LRR Reloaded

joev14

Recently I've been playing through the original game levels of LRR, some of the levels had so much potential, and space that could have been used better. I felt as if the levels had been made hurriedly, and could have been so much better, so I decided to recreate all the levels with new features, such as more caverns, caches, and landmarks. I also felt as if some of the game design could have been better, and some game design that wasn't necessary, such as useless vehicles like the hover scout and the granite grinder.

Goals that I aim to accomplish include

• Adding more unique biomes and textures to the game, including the Jungle Biome Lair and I made
  • Removing the Hover Scout and Granite Grinder
  • Making the Levels as interesting as possible, as well harder in some cases. Also I've replaced the final three levels: Hot Stuff, BtB, and Rocky Horror, with my own custom levels: Erode and Conquer, Ice Screams, and Rockmare.
  • Making it so RRs can only drill Dirt, Dynamite and Small vehicles are required to drill/blast Loose Rock, and Large Vehicles are required to drill Hard Rock, making it so Loose rock and Dirt are more seperate from each other.
  • Fixing multiple glitches in the game.

Big thanks to Cirevam who played through version 1.2 of LRR Reloaded Driller Night:

And just to get you interested, here's a pic of one of the "Landmarks" that I've already made

Lavafall

lavafall.jpg

Rockmare...

rockmare.jpg

Download for LRR Reloaded 1.3 Levels 1-17 & .cfg:
RRU Download

Mediafire

This is one of the few overhauls that is not completely over it's own head. I am happy that some of the newer members still have some decency and don't go screaming "OMGZ I WILL MAKE OVERHAUL WITH 100 LEVELS AND 40 NEW VEHICLES" etc.

To the mod itself, I like the concept, is a definet play once it's done. I just think that you should not remove the Hover Scout and the Granite Grinder, but give them things that make them more useful, like the hover scout can go over land and water or so.

To the mod itself, I like the concept, is a definet play once it's done. I just think that you should not remove the Hover Scout and the Granite Grinder, but give them things that make them more useful, like the hover scout can go over land and water or so.

The problem with making the hover scout able to travel across water and land, is that it makes the Rapid Rider almost useless, and it's possible to get transport across water with only 3 buildings (2 crystals for the power station, plus another for the hover scout), it'd be way too easy. If I did keep the hover scout, I'd increase it's speed drastically, so it can be used to get rock raiders reasonably quickly across the map. As for the granite grinder, it requires the super teleport, and yet it barely drills faster than an upgraded Small Digger... :/

EDIT: then again, I am planning on making it so the Small Digger won't be able to drill Hard Rock, so I might keep the Granite Grinder in there.

• 1 year later...

yet it barely drills faster than an upgraded Small Digger...

You could muck with the CFG so that the Granite Grinder is reasonably cheap and drills walls fast...

What I've done is make the Chrome Crusher SUPER expensive and require every single building to be built before teleportation. Then I gave the Granite Grinder decent drill stats.

Another thing I've thought about doing (but haven't) is being able to upgrade the Hover Scout so that it can carry one material

Anyways, that's just my ideas.

Oh - another thing:

granite grinder, it requires the super teleport,

You can tell the game (mucking with the CFG again) that the Granite Grinder uses the Teleport Pad to teleport in and doesn't require the Super Teleport.

But do what you want - It's your mod after all.

But do what you want - It's your mod after all.

And he's also been inactive for a few months now, and this topic is over a year old :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.