Multiplayer for lego racers?

Tiger21820

Hi, I am new here, and have a question:

How do you get the "Versus race" option enabled?

I would like to use the number pad as the 2P controller.

Any ideas for doing this?

Thank you! :D

CaptainGolem

For Versus race you need to have a joystick or gamepad then you can change the 2P controls to whatever you want.

Could you just go to device manager and install a legacy controller? I could try that, since I don't have any joysticks or gamepads...

JrMasterModelBuilder

I doubt it. You would still need to set a joystick as the second controller. Unfortunately, I have never been able to find a way to emulate joystick input so I think your only option is to get a joystick or dpad.

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Yeah, only way to get Versus Race working is to attatch a game controller. I happen to have an old Xbox 360 controller designed for Windows, and it allows me to do a versus race.

Are you sure? I found something that just might work. It emulates an Xbox 360 controller without an actual controller. On an iPod ATM and don't have access to Windows, so I'll be testing it and posting the results later. ;)

JrMasterModelBuilder

Are you sure? I found something that just might work. It emulates an Xbox 360 controller without an actual controller. On an iPod ATM and don't have access to Windows, so I'll be testing it and posting the results later. ;)

How did it go? What's the name of the program?

I had my file on my flash drive, so I kept forgetting to plug it in to get the info from it. :P

I did a little bit of testing, and while I found a small program that emulates an Xbox 360 controller without a phyiscal controller, I haven't been able to get it to with the 1999 or 2001 version sof LEGO Racers. But, my tests were pretty rushed, so I'd thought I'd share what I found and let someone else take a whack at it.

The program is called x360kb. It seems to be a modified version of x360ce. You are supposed to put the .ini and xinput1_3.dll file in the same directory as the game exe (in this case, LEGORacers.exe), config the .ini file, and you can use VS race without a controler.

I did not get it to work at all, but maybe someone can. As I said, my testing was rushed. Or, we might be able to use the app Almogzxp mentioned in the post right above this one.

• 3 weeks later...

I knew a person that could play versus race with two people on one keyboard... one on the arrows and one using wasd. I cant get it to work though and he doesn't have the game anymore.

Mr. Eight-Three-One

You simply CAN NOT play versus without a controller attached. It's as simple as that. He probably had one attached and just wasn't using it, or he was playing a emulated copy.

You simply CAN NOT play versus without a controller attached. It's as simple as that. He probably had one attached and just wasn't using it, or he was playing a emulated copy.

LIES !!! ALL LIES!!! (lol jk)
download PPJOY. that program will make your computer "Sense" that there is an Attached controler on your computer,
and then just set the player 2 keys to AWSD. i did that and it worked fine. so start thinking with P(ortals)PJOY.
  • Like 1

Noob Slayer

I gotta do this. I had PS1 version, but lost it... I'd select the P2 character, and I'd start the race, then play as P1 and bomb the unmoving player at the start line...it was fun.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not necessarily. Since there is no one else there to race, and I can't multi-task (of course not, I'm a guy), there are no set rules because it isn't technically a race.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.