WAD Recycler 2

Cyrem

WAD Recycler v2.00

So I was getting sick of using the WAD Tool, having to File>Compile New WAD and then locating the folder every single time I make an edit. So I made this so that compiling and extracting no longer needs you to browse for files and folders. All you do is start the program and when you need to extract or build your folders, you just drag them into the window..

Extract: drag your WAD files onto the window and it will create the LegoRR* folder(s) in the same directory.

Build: drag the LegoRR* folder(s) into the window and it will create wads in the same folder as the folder path.

There is a status text which will tell you when it is processing or is complete.

Changelog v2

• Rewritten.
  • Backup feature was removed, it was fairly pointless.
  • Dragging LegoRR0 & LegoRR1 files only into the window will prompt to ask if you want to extract them straight into the Data folder.
  • No longer uses Ogun's extractor.

Download

Edited by Slimy Slug

You know, last time I checked, ogun's tool didn't get all the files. I'm going to check it again, but it might be worth it to port it to whatever language you're using.

Edit:

yh9k0.png

Granted, those were empty folders, but still. It's not very hard to make a wad extraction program. You should know that. I'll even give you what I made to look at.

You know, last time I checked, ogun's tool didn't get all the files. I'm going to check it again, but it might be worth it to port it to whatever language you're using.

It's worked correctly during all my tests. But thanks anyway.

• 1 year later...

Umm.. it seems to not work for me... it says:

"D3D.CreateDevice() Error; Please check that your graphics card meets the minimum requirements and that your drivers are up to date. If your graphics card has little memory, try switching your computer to a lower resolution. (Error: -2005530518)

I recently reinstalled Windows XP, so I might be missing something...

(This is on my XP machine, which I don't do much on. My Vista machine works fine. (McJobless, the reason I use Vista instead is that the XP machines are a fair bit slower)).

Also, how do you actually use the backups?

• 1 year later...

Yep, I basically cheated a bit :)

Empty folders have no bearing on the game anyways but should be easy enough to add in if deemed necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone else uses this, but I do, and I have updated it.

Changelog v2

• Rewritten.
  • Backup feature was removed, it was fairly pointless.
  • Dragging LegoRR0 & LegoRR1 files only into the window will prompt to ask if you want to extract them straight into the Data folder.
  • No longer uses Ogun's extractor.

Enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay.

I personally prefer Wad Recycler 1, because the backups feature was really quite nice for those moments when things crashed for no reason (the cause was trying to use BOOM.lws as a death animation). Plus, it saves me from backing up my WADs manually, and it does it per change.

It doesn't tell me that it's building RR0.wad: it throws a Not Responding presumably while it's working and then responds when it's finished. RR1.WAD works fine.

Also, I did like the popup window for Wad Recycler 1 because it meant I could tell when it had finished. Though it was considerably longer...

Also, having an actual selectable window for Wad Recycler 2 is a big improvement. It means that when I've got hordes of windows open I can get it back up again.

• 6 months later...

when i try to use it, i drag the files in and either it gives up or just stops beacause i don't see a new folder or file show up anywhere.

i run windows 7 x64 with a gtx 560ti.

• 2 months later...
AnotherCrazyCanadian

I get a similar problem to Aiden with the RR1.WAD

It's always stuck on "not responding".

Does it just take a super long time to do or what can I do to fix it? (I've tried the WAD tool 2.21, but that doesn't even open it)

• 3 years later...
10 hours ago, zwaan420 said:

"Not a valid win32 application" when I open it oof

What version of Microsoft .Net do you have installed?

5 hours ago, Cyrem said:

What version of Microsoft .Net do you have installed?

"Microsoft .NET Framework 4" Windows XP pro 64-bit

Also I've used a different PC to use the program with to disable the intro videos.. I can now see the menu and levels but if I click on a level it freezes again and the intro sound does play (of the selected level)
I really want to play this game as I enjoyed it a lot when I was a kid

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.