Start with Crystals and Ore

Lair

Reposting because this is the third time that topic has been deleted.

Add this line to a level in the cfg:

InitialCrystals	 10

InitialOre	  10

Now you'll start with that number of crystals.

No idea who discovered this. But whoever is deleting this topic (it happened on the old forums too) stop. You made Addict think this doesn't exist.

EDIT: This topic might be somewhere in modding discussion and support, which leads to me saying that there are a bunch of topics there that need to be in the modding database.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

where can i find the .cfg

oh got it

Were in the Lego.cfg do I put this?

>Add this line to a level in the cfg [as in, in the Level1 { secction]

e345633.png

can you maybe show it in a print screen where i put it plzz?

Were in the Lego.cfg do I put this?

>Add this line to a level in the cfg [as in, in the Level1 { sec

ction]
e345633.png

can you maybe show it in a print screen where i put it plzz?

Maybe you should read the tutorials first.

It is useful to read the most (all) topics in the tutorial section.

You need to put these lines into the levels very far at the bottom. If you want to start Frozen Frenzy with Energy Crystals and Ore, put these two lines between the { and } brackets of Level9

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

Hmm, so this did not work, at least not with Axel's mod overhaul. That one is weird to install because it was all manual.

Where exactly does one place the new lines "InitialCrystals", as putting it where I was apparently does nothing. At any rate, I think it's more that editing the .cfg file and then replacing it with the ones in both data folders accomplishes nothing at all, regardless of what I'm doing.

On 7/21/2020 at 5:42 AM, Sluggious said:

Hmm, so this did not work, at least not with Axel's mod overhaul. That one is weird to install because it was all manual.

Where exactly does one place the new lines "InitialCrystals", as putting it where I was apparently does nothing. At any rate, I think it's more that editing the .cfg file and then replacing it with the ones in both data folders accomplishes nothing at all, regardless of what I'm doing.

I think Axel's mod is more at play here than InitialCrystals & InitialOre not working, because I know the latter two work just fine :P

As others have (in a roundabout manner) said in the topic, you need to put them under Levels \ GameLevels \ LevelXX , right next to things like GenerateSpiders, PTLFile, OListFile, EmergeTimeOut, RecallObjects. XX represents the number of the level (occasionally some maps don't use this format, but you probably won't encounter them, and in any case the process is the same - put InitialCrystals and InitialOre next to those lines)

I'm not sure how Axel's Mod works - or more accurately, how your installation is set up :S If there are still .WAD files around, then LRR won't read from the Data folder unless it has to, and will read from the WADs instead: so you'll want to unpack the WADs, make your edits to Lego.cfg there (don't forget to save!), and recompile the WADs.

As for unpacking and recompiling your WADs, Wad Recycler is by far the best tool for the job:

https://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/3742-wad-recycler-2/

and is pretty straightforward to use (drag WAD into window to decompile, drag folder into window to recompile

Posting a screenshot of what your LRR installation looks like could help, as I'm not familiar with Axel's Mod.

Thanks for the reply, Aidenpons!

It's just... weird. the mod starting working immediately after I unpacked the WADs and physically copied over the original stuff in data and datasource. Everything works but music, and cyrem's method causes the dreaded vcruntime40.dll error. But other then that it all works. Regular decompiling or just replacing WADs... does not work, for me. Never has.

My experience with LRR is bizarre. I rarely have ever, ever got bugs in the game. It almost never crashed on my 98, ME or XP computers. It does on the one I'm using now, but that's very likely more to do with the touch pad, I'm noticing. Media errors aside, all is well.

Now, for the meat of my problem, which was getting the edits to cfg to work...

This is what's so weird. Half my edits to the cfg file work. Such as rockraiders being able to drill loose rock, which I believe was disabled for some absurd reason in Axel's mod. But it it's inconsistent. I changed the resource requirements for buildings too. And the changes for that DOES work, oddly. Can't imagine why.

It doesn't seem I can upload images directly from my computer here, and I don't have the time nor accounts available on image sites. But it's definitely an abnormal installation. My vanilla game does not have .wad files, for instance. At all. Those disappear after full installation. For some reason. In fact, the game won't even run if there are .wads in the folder. or it didn't at the time. Booting up the computer again after the .cfg changes appears to be the miracle worker for enabling some of the changes made, just not the addition of initial resources.

Also, scorpions and snakes are supposed to be native to Axel's mod. But I've never gotten them to work. I'm pretty sure they are mentioned in the .cfg file for Axel's mod. Which is strange why they just aren't there at all. It's like my game somehow prevents full modding, retaining certain features while integrating others. But I clearly comprehend NOTHING about programming, save that I don't know anything. Thus I will stop rambling.

4 hours ago, Sluggious said:

It's just... weird

My experience with LRR is bizarre

This is how I know exactly what game you're talking about :P

4 hours ago, Sluggious said:

It doesn't seem I can upload images directly from my computer here

You can. It's a bit messy, but on the top right of this site there's a pencil icon for Create New Content --> then Gallery Image. From there you should be able to drag-n-drop (use Snipping Tool, or PrtScr button and hit Ctrl+V into Paint, then crop to suit) or upload a file into there and put it there.

imgur is also a great, reliable, easy-to-use, and free image hoster (that doesn't even require an account IIRC?)

5 hours ago, Sluggious said:

My vanilla game does not have .wad files, for instance. At all.

Wat :S Maybe Windows is marking them as hidden for some reason and hiding them? That's super weird, your installation sounds mighty cursed. Which is par for the course for LRR :P

large.1771463059_LRRFolderforaidenpons.PNG.a730f9b52c8f7ce3c42e3700254f9caa.PNG

16 hours ago, aidenpons said:

This is how I know exactly what game you're talking about :P

You can. It's a bit messy, but on the top right of this site there's a pencil icon for Create New Content --> then Gallery Image. From there you should be able to drag-n-drop (use Snipping Tool, or PrtScr button and hit Ctrl+V into Paint, then crop to suit) or upload a file into there and put it there.

imgur is also a great, reliable, easy-to-use, and free image hoster (that doesn't even require an account IIRC?)

Wat :S Maybe Windows is marking them as hidden for some reason and hiding them? That's super weird, your installation sounds mighty cursed. Which is par for the course for LRR :P

Thanks for the advice. Screenshot added.

Yes, LRR is so... uniquely cursed that it would not surprise me that there IS no hard code, and anyone who finally manages to unpack it all for us to see will reveal it's actually some kind of satanic magick bent on robbing us of our time and souls, if possible.  :D It really must be something to behold and I'd get a great deal of satisfaction just reading poeple's posts who know a good deal about programming and what their reactions would be.

Chances are it literally got stopped in its development in an even WORSE situation than we've been told, and so the game literally IS exactly like Oresome or another mission where everything's gone horribly, horribly wrong. I'll bet there's bizarre half-finished tools and mechanics that were supposed to be removed but somehow weren't, and probably half the things we wished were coded in actually got in, like flooding, but are either innactive or worse, are the heart of all our woes. Atop time and technology moving forward...

"How did this game EVER managed to function at all?" is probably something the poor developers contemplate even to this day... which is where the hocus pocus comes in. It should just crash. But it doesn't. Until you're deep in the level, or are about to reach that blasted Tunnel Transport on Frozen Frenzy, that is.

Oh, I see, you have Cafeteria running on top of it! I didn't realise that and that would explain everything: Cafeteria has two modes of running, with WADs and without WADs, and in without WAD mode it gobbles the WADs up hence why you don't have any there (it actually sends them somewhere safe, Cafeteria\Backup).

Cafeteria rebuilds Data from DataSource each time you tell it to (with the Re-Build Game button, which you'll need to hit each time you make changes to your resolution or add another Cafeteria patch). This means you actually want to edit DataSource, not Data, and make your changes there.

(It could be good to keep a backup of the files you edit, just in case you

Then hit Re-Build Game in Cafeteria and all your changes should go through. I say should because I'm not 100% sure how Axel's Mod fits into this, and also because LRR is a weird and strange beast as you mentioned earlier :P

7 hours ago, Sluggious said:

How did this game EVER managed to function at all?" is probably something the poor developers contemplate even to this day

& me too. Path.map just doesn't work at best in hidden caverns, and, at worst, creates giant chasms in the terrain (regardless of the heightmap), pre-erosion under walls causes the radar to start spewing rainbows, pre-erosion upon level restart does something bizzarre to forget that it even was pre-eroded and immediately turn into lava, and of course let's not forget the famous LegoRR.exe has stopped working.

One thing I'm really liking about Manic Miners is, despite its lack of elements (no monsters yet), it doesn't crash :satisfied:

It's funny. My childhood imagination always took "Crashing" as the ceiling of the cavern completely crashing (caving) in, and thus killing the miners. Sort of a game-over I could not control. Part of the breath-taking aspect of RR is the terror of the game suddenly ending.

About Axel's mod, it can't apparently work well through cafeteria, since it has Wad files not WADPs, or at least that's what I was told. It could well be Cafeteria is the problem, keeping a backup of the original wads and basically interfering with the game. Because now rockraiders won't drill through loose rock anymore, when they were after my restart. Gah! Axel sabotaged the game by making it that way. Split Down the Middle is literally locked from finishing due to loose rock acting as hard rock. *Snarls in frustration*

Also, I actually DID use the edits in datasource first. But maybe the CFG was now where I should edit rock raider drilling capacity? Or maybe I should recompile everything, or try to, in cafeteria. Or even remove cafeteria, since it isn't compatible with what i'm doing anyhow.

Another thing, you'd be amused to know that, in my recent ice-biome mission, I had just successfully upgraded about seven or eight rock raiders to their maximum capacity, trained them all in almost every practical way, save mechanic. And then a landslide from solid rock and a recharge seem killed them all. At once. Why they were standing there I'll never know. but it was like it was all planned...

7 hours ago, Sluggious said:

It's funny. My childhood imagination always took "Crashing" as the ceiling of the cavern completely crashing (caving) in, and thus killing the miners. Sort of a game-over I could not control. Part of the breath-taking aspect of RR is the terror of the game suddenly ending.

That's a highly entertaining in-universe explanation XD

About Axel's mod, it can't apparently work well through cafeteria, since it has Wad files not WADPs, or at least that's what I was told. It could well be Cafeteria is the problem, keeping a backup of the original wads and basically interfering with the game. Because now rockraiders won't drill through loose rock anymore, when they were after my restart. Gah! Axel sabotaged the game by making it that way. Split Down the Middle is literally locked from finishing due to loose rock acting as hard rock. *Snarls in frustration*

Yes, Axel's Mod isn't designed to work with Cafeteria - however if you want resolutions larger than 640x480 you'll need to use Cafeteria on top of Axel's Mod to do that.

That is, what you should have done is:

1) Install Axel's Mod as usual by swapping out original LegoRR0.wad and LegoRR1.wad with the wads from Axel's Mod

2) when that's done install Cafeteria as usual, which should create the DataSource and Mods folder as well as move your WADs elsewhere

Also, I actually DID use the edits in datasource first. But maybe the CFG was now where I should edit rock raider drilling capacity? Or maybe I should recompile everything, or try to, in cafeteria.

Yes, you'll need to edit DataSource then hit Re-Build Game in Cafeteria in order for your mods to go through. There are much better ways of doing this (eg: actually making a modpack :P ) but for the purposes of your rig at home it should be quite fine to do things this method.

Or even remove cafeteria, since it isn't compatible with what i'm doing anyhow.

You could do that, but then you'll lose out on the larger resolutions.

Another thing, you'd be amused to know that, in my recent ice-biome mission, I had just successfully upgraded about seven or eight rock raiders to their maximum capacity, trained them all in almost every practical way, save mechanic. And then a landslide from solid rock and a recharge seem killed them all. At once. Why they were standing there I'll never know. but it was like it was all planned...

Ah, the memories of LRR we have... :P I usually train up 20+ raiders on a safe map that's easy to not clear (Explosive Action is my favourite: enough crystals to get everything if you teleport things up. Frozen Frenzy is also good, but long and thus crash-prone, and you can even do everything on Driller Night with enough patience and micromanagment (just disable automatic crystal collection and only give manual pickup orders)) and keep them away from nasty things like landslides!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.