The Pokemon Glitch Lab

Phoenyx

I decided to move my Pokemon glitch research to its own blog, http://pkmnglitchlab.blogspot.com/

Check it out, and remember that it's still under major construction. I will probably do some major work to it over the next I don't know how long, but it hopefully won't eat into my work on Formula 2150 which, by the way, is still on the list of things to do but, as with all of my projects, my notoriously bad scheduling makes VALVe time look desirable.

I tried to learn about these glitches via whatever information I could scrape together, but not having played a Pokemon game before, I simply couldn't understand most of it. All I really get is the stuff on why certain sprites are used and all that crap.

TBH, Missingno. was enough. I have a care factor of 0 for all the other glitches because they all seem like repeats of MN.

Oh my pokemon glitches, don't get me started on them. There are many sites out there that are dedicated to the research of pokeglitches. I guess Missingno really left an impression back in the old red/blue versions.

TBH, Missingno. was enough. I have a care factor of 0 for all the other glitches because they all seem like repeats of MN.

You'd be surprised exactly how different they are. MissingNo. is actual placeholder data for the removed Pokemon, while the "PokeGods" like ○▬h POKe▓█▄ and PokéWTrainer are actually either data for things that aren't Pokemon, or just garbage bytes that mean absolutely nothing.

Oh my pokemon glitches, don't get me started on them. There are many sites out there that are dedicated to the research of pokeglitches. I guess Missingno really left an impression back in the old red/blue versions.

It did. However, my personal experience with most of those sites is that the information is inadequate. For me, descriptions aren't enough. I want to know what's going on under the hood.

Honestly, before I decided to mess with Pokemon glitches, my only major experience with them is seeing the MissingNo. item duplication glitch in action. I've just been fascinated with glitches in general, and the first game I truly explored was Super Smash Bros Melee with several failed attempts at the Black Hole glitch, as well as the first Bad EGG I hatched in Pokemon Diamond.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.