Legorr.icd Has Stopped Working

illander

So, I have a W7 64 bit, did everything the FAQ suggested (except the windowed mode, don't have the slightest idea of how to do that), and it just keeps saying that: LEGORR.ICD has stopped working

To use Windowed mode, go to C:Program Files (x86)Lego MediaGamesRock Raiders and double click on LegoRR.exe. This will open a dialogue box where you can specify your settings. Select windowed, and then chose 640x480. You will need to set your color settings to 16-bit.

I personally recommend creating a new shortcut to LegoRR.exe for quicker access. If you do, however, do not specify any command line options.

I don't have any "Lego Media" in that folder :/

Check C:Program Files then. C:Program Files (x86) is where 32-bit programs are supposed to go, but maybe you installed into C:Program Files.

Ignore the LEGO Media. You have to open LegoRR.exe from your installation directory, which is D:\Games\LRR. Follow Phoenyx's instructions from there.

...do you mean to tell us that this whole time you've been running the file from that directory you just listed, and led us on a wild goose chase to find the file you were already running?!

Ok, relax. Do what Phoenyx said:

double click on LegoRR.exe. This will open a dialogue box where you can specify your settings. Select windowed, and then chose 640x480. You will need to set your color settings to 16-bit.

Set your colour settings first (don't ask me, I don't own Windows 7). If it doesn't work, then we'll help you from there on in.

Are you running it from a shortcut or the main application? Double-clicking the main program should come up with a dialogue for setting which mode you want to run it in.

Spanish, yes?

That's...weird. Why is there a DirectX6 and a Registration folder, and why is there Autorun? Did you try copying over the contents of the disk, or did it install like that?

...I see the potential problem.

Can you please list exactly what you did? I think we might need to do this over again, and you'll need to carefully read and follow my instructions so we can get it to run properly.

I downloaded the universal extractor, located the data1.cab and executed the program. Then I copypasted the files in the EXE folder into the folder where I "installed" the game

I got same problem as Illander...

My rig is:

Intel Core i5

4gb ram

Windows 7 home premium 64bit

Dont know if its relevant for guidance, but i use custom place for installing:

c:spilRock Raiders (Bonus info: "spil" is the danish word for games)

For installing i tried following:

1) Installing game from cd (i've got the first version - 1999 version)

1a) When installing through CD i only get a Data folder

2) Installing through extracting data1.cab (following you guide on this site)

2a) When installing through extracting data1.cab i get a exact copy of the picture posted above by Illliander with DirextX6 and Registration folder and a Autorun

3) Both install types have been needing the d3drm.dll, i've tried using both the one on the disc and one found on the web

I've tried diffrent commands to get the game working including

1) -w for running in window mode

2) Removing -best and input -ftm -nom instead (suggested in other thread)

I've tried diffrent actions to get the game running including

1) Trying all compatible options

2) All diffrent combos with the options like 640x480 scaling, 256colors, deactivate visual theme etc.

3) I've tried running as administrator

Are you running it from a shortcut or the main application? Double-clicking the main program should come up with a dialogue for setting which mode you want to run it in.

All of above have been tried on both shortcuts and main application.. The failure legoRR.icd has stopped worked, pops up BEFORE i get a option for choosing which mode i want to run.

As illiander mentioned, when you click the LegoRR.exe it pops up a loading screen, when that goes away the failure pops up

And i have tried without knowing if it works:

1) Microsoft Application CompatibilityToolkit

The link in your Faq aint working for this program, so found it myself, but no clue if i should do anything with the program after installing it. what i know dont work is

1a) install program, and try run game

2) Removing avi files , (found youtube guide saying that could be the problem, didnt work either)

Everything i tried leads to same failure

LegoRR.icd has stopped working

Not many people know how to deal with salvage installation problems because the disk works most of the time, so that's why we're not jumping to help you. Honestly, if I knew what to do I'd help however I can. All I can say for now is that if you have a working EXE and a Data folder with all necessary files, the game should run... if it doesn't even start with those then your computer is barfing not because of the salvage installation, but because it doesn't like LRR. If you want to test that theory, you could try downloading an overhaul mod, putting your EXE and other files into a new folder, and try running that. Unfortunately I don't know of any that are particularly stable except for fun's since he didn't change that much, so it might end up crashing anyways. I haven't heard many complaints about Time Raiders so maybe you could give that a go? ;)

Addictgamer

Haven't found any "Time Raiders" mod in this forum. Tried a couple of others with no result

Next time try searching the mod database forum (and all subforums).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.