Lego Racers... Online!?!?

STUDZ

Well, I was chatting it up with B2 (SomeWeirdGuyNamedBen for the uneducated), and the conversation led to Steam and LEGO Racers. Eventually, I had the most brilliant Brain Blast.

LEGO Racers... Online Multiplayer...

If we're able to mod LR enough... Maybe we could put a server or something on it via Hammachi or whatever. That would be SWEET.

Now, all we need to do is figure out just HOW we might be able to pull this off. Any ideas?

lol username

... Isn't that like asking if it's possible to modify Windows Calculator into a sudoku game?

• Like 3

http://www.emulation64.com/files/info/203/

Kaillera + N64 LR1 = multiplayer goodness. It's the closest thing that already exists.

Fluffy Cupcake

Wooo, someone finally posted this idea that I, and probably others have had for the longest of time. But yeah, it would be awesomely sweet.

LegoEssence

I think it would be possible if we somehow modified the splitscreen multiplayer. We would also need to somehow change the number of players though. This would take some HEAVY modification of the game, if at all possible.

Good luck rebuilding the code from the ground up to support multiplayer, or making a wrapper program to do that for you.

TrussROBLOX

I thought you meant Lego Racers and a website with the multiplayer thing.

EDIT: And also, who would want to play a 1999 game?

Scratch that, who would want to play a game from 1999 that is not selling anymore.

I think it should go like I said it. A LEGO Racers website with Lego Racers multiplayer.

Wooo, someone finally posted this idea that I, and probably others have had for the longest of time. But yeah, it would be awesomely sweet.

I would like to do this too, but I agree with everyone that it would take some heavy modding to make it work.

But, from what I understand, I believe the Rocket Racers ride was something like a LAN party...

Modded Lego

Scratch that, who would want to play a game from 1999 that is not selling anymore.

I think it should go like I said it. A LEGO Racers website with Lego Racers multiplayer.

The people who would like to play a Lego Racers 1 1999 game with multiplayer would be this whole community at Rock Raiders United! :lol: :lol:

• Like 2

EDIT: And also, who would want to play a 1999 game?

Isn't that...the whole point of this site? :/

Modded Lego

Lair of Rockwhales' timestamp='1334185018' post='71691']

Isn't that...the whole point of this site?

Excatly my point! Thank you for saying that Rockwhales. This site is meant for Lego racers if you havent figured that out yet then i don't know what to tell you. 8|

TrussROBLOX

This site is meant for Lego racers

No, this site is meant for all classic LEGO games.

Why is it called Rock Raiders United then?

It started with modding Rock Raiders but we've branched out to other games. Renaming the community would be confusing so the name now reflects our roots rather than our mission.

Because it was originally created for modding Lego Rock Raiders, then started to expand to other games when the only RR stuff left to do was make overhaul mods. Why would we rename to "Lego Games United" or something like that?

• Like 1

TrussROBLOX

Because it was originally created for modding Lego Rock Raiders, then started to expand to other games when the only RR stuff left to do was make overhaul mods. Why would we rename to "Lego Games United" or something like that?

I agree, it does sound stupid.

JrMasterModelBuilder

Honeslty, I really doubt LEGO Racers could be modified like this. Even with source code it would be a ton of work. You would probably be better off rebuilding it from scratch using Flash, Unity3D, or something else, but I'm not sure a race game would work that well over the internet. Personally, I found the multiplayer races in LEGO Universe to be frustrating because of connection speeds.

TrussROBLOX

There would have to be a host option...where someone would host a server. Then the host would have to pick a map and wait for players to come

lol username

Honeslty, I really doubt LEGO Racers could be modified like this. Even with source code it would be a ton of work. You would probably be better off rebuilding it from scratch using Flash, Unity3D, or something else, but I'm not sure a race game would work that well over the internet. Personally, I found the multiplayer races in LEGO Universe to be frustrating because of connection speeds.

Agreed, except for the LU racing, that always worked smoothly for me... A couple laggy players once in a while, but it was pretty solid most of the time in my races.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.