Game Won't Start

superforno

Ok here I am with some news!

I've tryed to run LegoRR.exe in compatibility mode with Avira Free in background till now. So I tryed to turn off it. Result: Loading screen appears, cdrom runs, then crashes after loading screen.

Then second try with Avira still deactivated and no compatibility options. Result: the famous dialog i've hasked about appears, I don't change anything, just confirm, then bricks starts falling down forming the lego media logo. Loading screen appears, then the menù. I've tryed the first tutorial and IT RUNS!!!

So, Avira Free deactivated, no compatibility options set.

But another problem appears: game language!

When I played it in 1999/2000 I had the whole game (menus and speeches) in italian.

Actually menù are writte in something like danish or dutch, or whatelse that uses "Ja / Nee" for "Yes or No"

Speeches seems in spanish or similar, don't know exactely.

How can I do?

PS: in Lego RR folder I have 3 different "ReadMe". Their names are:

• Readme.txt - Italian readme
  • Leesmij.txt - Unknown language readme (same structure as italian) but very similar to menù entries
  • Léame.txt - Same as above

Actually menù are writte in something like danish or dutch, or whatelse that uses "Ja / Nee" for "Yes or No"

Speeches seems in spanish or similar, don't know exactely.

I can say that if it was danish it would have been "Ja / Nej". Dutch is a bit similar to danish so it can be that.

PS: in Lego RR folder I have 3 different "ReadMe". Their names are:

• Readme.txt - Italian readme
  • Leesmij.txt - Unknown language readme (same structure as italian) but very similar to menù entries
  • Léame.txt - Same as above

Here I can say that the second is probably dutch and that the third probably is spanish.

I have never experienced something like this myself. I do think I only have one readme-file and only one set of voices. Though in your case it seems that the game has mixed dutch menu texts with spanish voices in what should be an Italian game. :o

Purhaps the files are messed up?(That still doesn't explain why the other languages are there in the first place.) I believe you said you extracted the files according to the tutorial? If that is correct, could something have gone wrong in the extraction of the files?

I have never experienced something like this myself. I do think I only have one readme-file and only one set of voices. Though in your case it seems that the game has mixed dutch menu texts with spanish voices in what should be an Italian game. :o

Thisiseactely what has happeed too the game!

Purhaps the files are messed up?(That still doesn't explain why the other languages are there in the first place.) I believe you said you extracted the files according to the tutorial? If that is correct, could something have gone wrong in the extraction of the files?

I used the tutorial to save the game when the installer won't do his job. But everything has been ok while extracting data1.cab from disc.

Maybe trrying to operate on wad files?

Get again data1.cab extracted with universal exrtactor.

In data/sounds/srteamed/training sounds seems to be spanish.

Maybe extraction from cd goes wrong in something?

Are the spanish files the only files you have? Because if you have the italian somewhere, you could probably switch the sound files used in the game by changing filenames. When the italian files have been there once, how can they just disappear?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.