How To Edit A Game Level Without Restarting Rock Raiders

fun

First start up Lego rock raiders and then select the level of your choice i chose rubble trouble

gallery_1524_242_61696.jpg

now open up map creator and import what ever level you chose

sml_gallery_1524_242_6166.jpg

now edit the level the surf dug cry ore objects be careful with objects however

med_gallery_1524_242_64552.jpg

yes i have edited it now restart the level

med_gallery_1524_242_31802.jpg

wow did you see that cool huh this will save you a lot of time great if yore testing out new maps and overhaul's enjoy sometime the surf map will glitch so if that dose happen quit the level delete the surf map and rename it to the same name to fix that. enjoy :D

On 3/19/2012 at 2:20 PM, Cirevam said:

This is actually useful to people that play windowed LRR. Good job, I mean it.

On 3/20/2012 at 4:28 AM, rockraider pascal said:

impressive.

I know right :)

• 1 month later...

my computer wont let me play in windowed mode. :(

Impossible. Every computer will. You're on 16-bit color, right?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Might as well use this topic for a more precise explanation, in case anyone wants it (yes, the date, but I think this counts as 'something to contribute'

1) For best, quickest, and easiest results make sure you are using the Data method and are running LRR in windowed mode. Additionally, having -testlevels in the Target box of your shortcut is probably a good idea.

2) Boot up LRR and do whatever you want in it.

3) Switch over to Map Creator or whatever (NPL scripter, etc) and make your changes.

Changes you can get away with:

- Doing anything with any existing map files (scripts, the actual map, object list)

- Pointing the cfg to use a different file instead

Changes you cannot get away with (I think.... you might be able to try anyway)

- Anything that requires you to add a new line in the Levels section of the cfg (eg putting a line for Erosion when there wasn't one previously)

4) Overwrite the files or point Lego.cfg to the new ones.

5) Switch back to LRR and either hit Restart Level (not recommended as it has been proven to do silly things with some things (eg timers) and I wouldn't be surprised if silliness was elsewhere), or Quit Level and reselect it.

Tada! Your changes are now in-game.

Edited by aidenpons

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.