Level Specific Mods

Addictgamer

Addictgamer

Hey guys!

In this guide, I will explain how to make a mod affect only one level, not all of them.

Let's take the drag box rgb as an example.

First, locate your level's stats.

Add your code to it.

In this example,

DragBoxRGB 000:000:255

Now, start up the level you modified.

Blue drag box!

Start a different level.

The default drag box!

As you can see, instead of adding this variable to a different part of the cfg, we placed it in a specific level's properties.

Try it out for yourself!

I believe it is also possible to modify the stats of a specific creature for that specific level even, that needs confirmation though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Is it possible to modify the RGB values of ambient light for each map?

I'm trying to see if I can do this. I've had no crashes, but no visible changes so far.

• 4 weeks later...
Addictgamer

I've never played around with the ambient lighting at all...

As for whether or not its possible with specific maps, perhaps it needs to be placed in a subentry to the level, as with the rewards section seen in every level.

Unfortunately, there's only so much that seems to be able to be changed on a map-exclusive level.

This is definately worth looking into further, but I could never seem to change anything too major. (energy crystal RGB cannot be changed per map, etc.)

Addictgamer

If I recall correctly, I changed major things, such as sounds and stuff, for that level by encasing them in the proper hierarchy. Perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me, or sounds was just an exception to this.

Did you put the "Main" tag or whatever it's called from the top in the level section you want to modify and see if that fixes it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.