How Can You Mod Lego Land Just Like You Can With Rock Raiders

fun

OK i am highly looking forward in to modding Lego land i got every thing i need to complete the task i extracted the resource files named the folders after them but when i start to play Lego land it give me this error message as seen hereUntitled-5.jpg ???????? if you look in my volume folder you can see the folders are named right

Untitled-6.jpg

But my main Question is it possible to mod the game with out having to rebuild the files because if it is not i will be :rf:>:( But if it is possible can tell me where i need to place these folders our files thanks for any help you have :) . I mean with rock raiders all you had to do was extract the wads and copy/paste the contents in the data folder but with Lego land i see no data folder.

I don't won Legoland, but it seems from your picture that you will have to rebuild the archive to mod. You'll just have to get used to it. All us LR1 modders have to do it everytime.

How to mod Legoland:

you be patient and wait for Cyrem to post more info.

okay i will thanks i will just be working on my overhaul in the mean time.

Untitled-5.jpg

I don't know if this would work, but try adding .res to the end of the folder names. It's worth a try.

Assuming there were archives where fun had extracted them to, no, it won't work. The game will attempt to load a file called Legoland.res, not a folder.

Alright, I had it working ages ago when Cyrem posted his extractor script.

Take out all the folders from inside Graphics1.res, Graphics2.res and the other one, and paste them directly into the LEGOLAND folder, do not put them in the Volumes folder. Then delete your volumes folder and all the .res files.

Take out all the folders from Graphics1.res, Graphics2.res and the other one, and paste them directly into the LEGOLAND folder.

Yay thanks :)

Take out all the folders from inside Graphics1.res, Graphics2.res and the other one, and paste them directly into the LEGOLAND folder, do not put them in the Volumes folder. Then delete your volumes folder and all the .res files.

Sorry to say, after testing... this isn't working. Instead the game looks to the disc to load the res files. It also doesn't work if you put the folders in the 'Volumes' folder also. When there is no disc in the drive it just give an error saying it can't find the archives.

Fun, you will need to wait until a proper archive extract/re-packer is built for this game.

Sorry to say, after testing... this isn't working. Instead the game looks to the disc to load the res files. It also doesn't work if you put the folders in the 'Volumes' folder also. When there is no disc in the drive it just give an error saying it can't find the archives.

Fun, you will need to wait until a proper archive extract/re-packer is built for this game.

wow that stinks oh well i will wait until a tool comes out :)

• 1 year later...

Just tried this myself, no luck. However, I didn't even get the error fun did. It always used the files off the disc.

I have a crazy that might make this game moddable until a proper compressor/extractor is written: take the files off the disc, extract the archives, then create and mount an ISO. It'd be tedious, but it might just work. Who knows.

EDIT: Just tried it, no go. I got the error fun did. It was resolved only when I brought back the Volumes folder in Program Files, and nothing was changed. Guess there has to be a proper extractor/compressor to mod this game.

Edited by le717

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.