Not A Surprise

Retsnom Kcor

Not that this is really surprising, but LEGO and Lucasfilm Ltd. have renewed their contract for Star Wars for another ten years. I think we really all saw this coming, but at the same time, there was an incredible amount of people panicking over the "End of LEGO Star Wars"

http://aboutus.lego.com/en-us/news-room/2012/february/The-Force-Remains-with-The-LEGO-Group

Star Wars forever! While I don't really care, I am sort of happy to hear it. Partly because I like Star Wars and partly because LEGO is sticking with a theme.

Not that this is really surprising, but LEGO and Lucasfilm Ltd. have renewed their contract for Star Wars for another ten years. I think we really all saw this coming, but at the same time, there was an incredible amount of people panicking over the "End of LEGO Star Wars"

http://aboutus.lego....-The-LEGO-Group

I truly LOL'd when you said "Panicking over the 'End of LEGO Star Wars' "

I would really be pleased if LEGO Star Wars ended. It's gone on long enough; now they're remaking old sets and making WAY too many Clone wars sets.

THE CLONE WARS SUCK. 'NUFF SAID.

So, we're stuck with Star Wars for another ten years... Most likely, The Clone Wars will be cancelled in that time, all SIX of the live-action movies will be remade for 3D (Phantom Menace already got the 3D treatment! :D), and George Lucas will NOT have made another movie for Star Wars (fingers crossed for another Indiana Jones, though!)

In other words, LEGO is milking Star Wars for all it's worth. And I'm getting sick of getting yet ANOTHER freaking TIE Fighter!

If they do a product line based on The Old Republic, including (but not limited to) the RPG games, I'll be happy with them.

I'm all for this! But... they only did ONE set for The Force Unleashed, and NONE for the second game.

I'm all for this! But... they only did ONE set for The Force Unleashed, and NONE for the second game.

That's because The Force Unleashed was a sub-par Star Wars game. Unfortunately, that seems all LA has been producing now a days.

Yay, yes and yes! Lego star wars will live on! My favorite Lego theme is still there! Hope they produce more clone wars sets and more sets from episode3.

• 4 months later...

Noooooo!! Well.. not that it is a terrible thing or anything.

The Star Wars sets are usually quite cool. Such as the Sith-Class Fury Intercepter.

I'd happily buy that and a few other new sets, just need some money since the cost a small fortune.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the REAL HUGE bump, but...

as now Star Wars has been bought by Disney... will LEGO still make a LEGO Star Wars IV?

If LEGO Has a contract with Disney to make LEGO Pirates of the Carribean, maybe Star Wars too...

@Cyrem yeah, Star Wars was okay, because it was the first LEGO TT Video Game... the rest don't seem to be as cooler as the Star Wars one...

because they all play the same, unless is different movies

Star Wars was okay, because it was the first LEGO TT Video Game
What? Don't you mean that it was the first licensed theme? Cyrem never said anything about the games.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.