Watering Heights

fun

Back Story Okay Rock Raider: We have located a very hot area for Energy Crystals and ore and we need you to collect 100 EC,s so we can continue with our mining. but the problem is that the crystals we need well most of them are across a large body of water you need to find a way to cross to mine for the crystals we need.a But be warned our scanners fear that there is some of those monsters about.

Basically what you are tiring to do is cross a huge body of water to mine the area for 100 EC,s it seams easy but it is not there are lots of sleeping Monsters / Emerging to make sure you loose but you can just laser them . also i have them on a Coordinated attack set up based on crystals :smug: anyways down load here.

Download: https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/legacy/Mod_Map_WateringHeights_501258.zip

• Like 1

Sadie Meowsalot

100 EC,s

You either believe a comma to be the same thing as an apostrophe, don't know how to type one, or the key is missing from/doesn't work on your keyboard.

But, as apostrophes are used to show possession, one was not appropriately placed within the area you used it, unless of course you are in fact using it to show possession, but upon reading the sentence within which it is incorporated, it's clear that wasn't the case here.

The reason I put so much emphasis on this single mistake, while ignoring all the apparent others is that you've done this repeatedly in the past. Not trying to come off as offensive, merely attempting to help you improve upon your English skills.

100 EC,s

You either believe a comma to be the same thing as an apostrophe, don't know how to type one, or the key is missing from/doesn't work on your keyboard.

But, as apostrophes are used to show possession, one was not appropriately placed within the area you used it, unless of course you are in fact using it to show possession, but upon reading the sentence within which it is incorporated, it's clear that wasn't the case here.

The reason I put so much emphasis on this single mistake, while ignoring all the apparent others is that you've done this repeatedly in the past. Not trying to come off as offensive, merely attempting to help you improve upon your English skills.

i do not have apostrophe on my key board so i have use a common i do not know the difference between the both of them sorry like i said i am taking English 1 and i am going to blow the NC state EOC .

besides your not on topic stay on topic this is about the level only reply if you have something to say about the level i made or the fact that you want me to update it okay thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • Administrators
ShadowDraikana

I'm a bit surprised nobody reviewed the map, which explains why there isn't anything here about the messed up npl file.

Thanks to @fun including a script source file, I was able to track down the error quickly.  It was a value error in the mission failure part of the script, which caused the level to fail instantly because there weren't any Raiders in the level.  

Once I got the map to run (after about 7 adjustments to the cfg), I was surprised to see how large the level actually was.  This didn't produce any lag at all, which was definitely helpful.  

This map is quite easy to tackle, due to the path that you can open close to your base.  There are more than enough crystals to get 100 in that area due to the overly large number of crystal seams.  Furthermore, the Tool Store in the other path is nearly pointless since it will get destroyed by monsters in short order.  The squares Raiders choose to step on will wake up the closest monster, making it impossible to arm any other Raiders.  The one that is armed will shoot in a seemingly random pattern at everything else in that small cavern, so good luck trying to keep the monsters from eliminating the poor Tool Store.  

I would suggest actually upping the crystal count goal, or cutting down the number of seams and crystals in general.  

Maybe doing something in the way of a heightmap would be a nice addition as well.  

When it comes to the structuring of the level bmps, and your cfg (contained in the readme), I think moving them (the bmps) into the level folder works better so as to make moving/removal easier.  The cfg code I found multiple redundancies with; the objective could be handled better by creating a text file within the level folder itself.  This is far more convenient and easier to deal with than editing the main objective text in languages.

Ultimately, I submitted corrections to these issues, along with grammatical fixes for the objective and better streamlining of the readme file.

Regardless, I like the design of the map.  Maybe a bit too crystal heavy, but definitely fun (no pun intended) to play through.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.