Boss Race

CaptainGolem

Hi. I was bored, so I was editing the LEGO.JAM file and I found out how to create a boss race.Unfortunately I don't know how to give the bosses their cars. :'(

Can someone help? lego359.png

Question: How did you create this boss race? I might do this myself sometime.

As for help, you might be able to swap the 3d car models.

1, Download the GDB viewer, and make a backup of a vanilla extracted .JAM.

2,Load LR1, and take a pic of scoreboards of the race track you wan to race on.

3, In the viewer, find everyone's cars in the same race as above, and write their names down along with who they belong to.

4, Still in the viewer, load each boss's cars, and write their names down along with who's they are.

5, In Windows Explorer, copy the boss's cars and paste them in the desired racetrack folder.

6, Using your list. rename all the boss's cars to whatever the other racers car's name.

7, Complie your .JAM, and load the game. If all goes well, you should have your own boss race.

This may not even work to begin with, but you should still try it and let me know what happens. ;)

This is how to do it :

1. Extract the LEGO.JAM file with JAM Extractor

2. Go to GAMEDATA->COMMON

3.There are some PELVIS files.Every racer has 3 PELVIS files- GDB,MDB and TDB (example-ADPELVIS.GDB,ADPELVIS.MDB,ADPELVIS.TDB).

The letters before PELVIS are the racer's name.

4. Rename the files. Example- If you want to put King Kahuka into Captain Redbeard's car,rename the 3 KKPELVIS files to CRPELVIS and rename the CRPELVIS files to KKPELVIS.

5.Build a new LEGO.JAM.

6. Replace the original LEGO.JAM.

7. Now King Kahuka is driving Captain Redbeard's vehicle and Captain Redbeard is driving King Kahuka's vehicle.

Oh yes! I am putting this into a text file and I will have fun now! >:-)

If I get it working, I will get a video of it and will link it on here.

Hey guys I almost got it :af:

There's no-one driving Baron Von Barron's car? :o

Notice that Baron von Barron is flying.That's the only problem- They are still sitting like they were in their old cars.I don't know how to make the racers sit on the car.That means Islander is in the car,but he is below the seat so you can't see him.

But now I finally created a boss race!! Yay!

lego375.png

• Like 1

That's awesome dude! Any chance of sharing your .JAM file for this? (If that's legal of course.) If not, could you write down what you did to get this? Or is it the same as in your last post?

I'm trying to recreate that screenshot for Jamesster (Your Welcome! :P), but I just found out that there are 7 bosses, but there can only be six people in a race, counting me. I can dress up like Barron Von Barron, but who will I exclude, Jamesster? Also, who be that person in front of Basil and Gypsy? I'm thinking the Thunder, but I'm not sure.

Fluffy Cupcake
Also, who be that person in front of Basil and Gypsy? I'm thinking the Thunder, but I'm not sure.
Looks like Captain Redbeard to me.

Ok.

Well, you're a little late on the reply. :P I've already built my JAM and I'm about to test it.

EDIT: Cry. I didn't work. :( Some people are in the wrong cars, and some are really low to the ground. Guess I'll have to work at it more.

Edited by le717

Just because it works, doesn't mean it's the 'right' way to do it. There's a file in the root of /MENUDATA that defines which racers should be in each circuit. I'll cook up an editor later today, that should fix the issues of names and positions.

Just because it works, doesn't mean it's the 'right' way to do it. There's a file in the root of /MENUDATA that defines which racers should be in each circuit. I'll cook up an editor later today, that should fix the issues of names and positions.

Yes! Please do! That would help a lot! Do it now! :P

Yes! Please do! That would help a lot! Do it now! :P

Alright. Apologies, attempting to have a social life has gotten in the way somewhat. I've got the file loading code done, file saving code will be a trivial extension (thanks to my beautiful new library code), then I just have to create an editor frontend.

Thank you origami! I loaded it, and it works! (as usual. :P) I'm working on a movie (well, will be soon), and I will be using your tool for it. I hope your day has gotten better for ya.

:D

Thanks guys.

The CRB file contains some other data which this editor does not show, and leaves preserved. I'll likely extend the functionality at a later date to allow modification of this other data. The editor in its current state was created purely for character swapping.

• 1 month later...
TrussROBLOX

Hey, how do you know which circuit the racers would be in?

Also, how do you rename the files without replacing them?

EDIT: Done, the game crashed saying Cannot find GI images.idb

Sorry for the late reply.

Hey, how do you know which circuit the racers would be in?

You select which track you want to change racers in, and change each drop-down menu to whoever you want to be in the race. A list of tracks folders is here:

RACEC0R0 = Royal Knights Raceway

RACEC0R1 = Imperial Grand Prix

RACEC0R2 = Desert Adventure Dragway

RACEC0R3 = Magma Moon Marathon

RACEC1R0 = Dark Forest Dash

RACEC1R1 = Tribal Island Trial

RACEC1R2 = Amazon Adventure Alley

RACEC1R3 = Ice Planet Pathway

RACEC2R0 = Knightmare-Athon

RACEC2R1 = Pirate Skull Pass

RACEC2R2 = Adventure Temple Trial

RACEC2R3 = Alien Rally Asteroid

RACEC3R0 = Rocket Racer Run

TEST = Test Track

I don't have a compiled list of the racers names (I'm hoping to do it soon), but it's not too hard to figure it out. RR = Rocket Racer, GM = Gypsy Moth, CR = Captain Redbeard, etc.

Also, how do you rename the files without replacing them?

As in you mod a file but want to have a backup of the original? A couple of ways:

First, you can copy the original LEGO.JAM to the Save folder, and add something to the game telling you it's the original (LEGO - ORIGINAL.JAM). Any time you need to extract the original, you'll have it right there.

Second, you can create a folder called Extracted Files, and under that folder, create two new folders, one named "Vanilla Files" (Vanilla means un-modified), and Dirty Files (Dirty meaning modified). Extract (or move) a freshly extracted JAM to the Vanilla Files folder. (You should have two folders in it, MENUDATA and GAMEDATA). Under Dirty Files, you create a new folder telling you what mod you're working on (If you wanted to make boss races the hard way, you would make a folder called "Boss Race".) Copy the Vanilla Files to the Boss Race folder, and you can start working on it without messing up your Vanilla Files.

I personally do both of these.

EDIT: Done, the game crashed saying Cannot find GI images.idb

You have a 2001 copy of the game, which must run with a compiled LEGO.JAM. The 1999 version doesn't need a .JAM, and you are trying to run the 2001 copy like a 1999 copy. (This has been fully explored here.) You will need to rebuild your Dirty Files into a LEGO.JAM to run your game. JMMB's Python Extractor, while it's command line interface can be scary, does it pretty fast, much faster than the AIR version.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.