Adb/gdb/sdb (Animation/geometry/skeleton)

dead_name

Your tips worked very good. Thanks again.

I used the files Jimbob provided >here to create the following cars (studs yes; inside no):

klx4ayk.png

As you can see also the PMPELVIS got an upgrade (textures are not right). While I was creating the pelvis I had to detect, that their versions in the game are to small. In this example I used the real size.

Here you can find the two cars for testing. Maybe I should start a new thread? Hope it works.

• Like 5

ProfessorBrickkeeper

-snip-

Bravo, those really do look spectacular, and I eagerly await more. The shading doesn't look quite right, but I can live with that. Now all somebody has to do is UV map the original NUB studs texture with LEGO logo onto the model, and I'd call these pretty near perfect. My onl concern is the appearance that colors aren't being stored song vertex colors.

Epic! Yes, I think you should make your own topic now, this awesomeness should have its own place to thrive.

Do you plan on improving the shading or leaving it as-is? I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult with le717's GDBump.

My onl concern is the appearance that colors aren't being stored song vertex colors.

I am sorry, but I do not understand what you mean.

Do you plan on improving the shading or leaving it as-is? I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult with le717's GDBump.

I have no idea how to do that. And I do neither know what GDBump can do for that. I thought it moves content in a special direction or rotates it.

are they supposed to go in gamedata/common?

Yes they are.

because if i replace the original files that are there with these, the game crashes saying "63404.bmp not found"

Oh, dam it. I always forget something. The easiest workaround would be to copy the 0.bmp and rename it in 63404.bmp (and/or any other missing image). This is the result of testing with the pelvis. I was playing with the design id's from the LDD.

yes! that fixes it, and they look amazing!

i think that the 1x1 cylinder bricks that form the front bumpers are missing the bottom hole though.

oh, also

would it be ipothetically possible to also replace the single building bricks with hi-res versions?

I do not know. Do you know where and/or how they are stored?

unfortunately i don't know either.

i can only assume that there's a file for each brick somewhere, and that there are both a game and a menu version of each. i looked around a bunch but i can't tell where they are :/

i think that the 1x1 cylinder bricks that form the front bumpers are missing the bottom hole though.

Yes, that is right. It is a semi automatic process, that handles all the parts in the same way. I told the converter to remove the inside of the bricks and replace it by a simple placeholder (also defined in the LDD files). I can tell the converter to convert everything, but than most of the files will become more than twice as big as they are now. I have no mecanism to remove only hidden things.

I thought about the usage of an 3d screen capturer, but that will lead to other issues (origin, vertex reusage, etc.)

grappigegovert

Do you know where and/or how they are stored?

I'm afraid the bricks are stored in MENUDATAPIECEDBLPIECELO.LEB and LPIECEHI.LEB, which have a unique file structure.

It is the only file that looks big enough to contain all the bricks.

It looks like the last k_27 lists all the bricks with their name, then something which looks like an id, then some offset in k_2C, then something else, and then an offset in k_28. (just speculating here)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a small nibble (no post in here for two weeks!).

OcU5uuZ.pngWZieIfP.png

There is no real light - so no real shadow.

The insides are left away. The model was rebuild with the LDD.

• Like 3

Yay, onto buildings we go! Is there any way for the new cannon to have a hollow barrel like the original model, or does your algorithm not allow for that? In such an event perhaps making one from scratch would be better.

Is there any way for the new cannon to have a hollow barrel like the original model, or does your algorithm not allow for that?

Yes it is. Here is the model:

wlULBUY.png

And in game it looks like this:

h9aXV5a.png

The file is getting bigger and bigger :-). I am looking for a way to reduce file size. Currently my way is editing the lxfml files from the ldd so that my tool knows how to handle witch part.

Maybe someone is interested in the (biggest) gdb file for the CBASE.

Has anyone rebuild some of the other buildings in the game with ldd?

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I had also a look into the corresponding files in the MENUDATACIRCUIT1 folder (GUY1.GDB & GUY1.SDB) but I have still an issue with the overlapping vertex lists: jEpua8H.png

I can extract them now. Here is CIRCUIT3GUY1:

u9mQYnJ.png

Yej9ymQ.png

The blue triangles are connected to more than one bone.

• Like 4

ProfessorBrickkeeper

I can extract them now.

Did we mention you're amazing, because it's true.

Also, interesting to note the lopsided legs on the model, though I suspect that now that we understand the format, they won't be long for this world. ;)

lol username

Good work, but that model.

Wat.

I get it's only for like two poses in a single cutscene but wat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.