A Video I Cooked Up For A School Project

STUDZ

Well, here I was in BORING french class, and my teacher gives us an assignment. The main point is to be able to use Future Tense in some advertisement... IN FRENCH. At first, I was thinking about doing a commercial for "Redneck Tech" but then a friend of mine (Known here as TravisTouchdown) gave me an idea: Make an Aperture Science Investment Opportunity video.

So, TravisTouchdown was in charge of getting the camera, lemons, translating, and being the "scientist" in the video, and I put all the clips together with Windows Movie Maker, as well as writing the English script. Oh, and I also did the Cave Johnson voice.

I did a French version and an English version (posting the English version on YouTube). I put my heart and soul into this video, and apparently, "Heart and soul" = 77% for my mark on the French project. Oh, well...

I'll let you guys be the judge. Here's the English version. Tell me what you think of it!

Your Visual Effect department could use some work. I could tell it was fake...only just, but still...

BUT SERIOUSLY, it's alright. I agree with addict on the music; using something from one of those old 50's commercials would have enhanced the comical value of this video. And if you ever need explosives, just ask me. I can rig you up with some awesome bang.

A bit of fitting background music would be good (rhythm line for still alive, anyone?), and a vignette always helps in the style category.

Your transitions could use a little touching up, too. I'm probably asking a bit too much though - I'm used to videos like Concrete Hustle and Theft of the Viridian Crystal.

Still, other than that it's quite well made.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.