Checkpoint Files (Cpb)

dead_name

CPB files define the hidden checkpoints along each track, which are used to calculate when you have completed a lap and what position you are in the race. I'm in a lecture atm, I'll document the format later.

May I present to you, Magma Moon Marathon, with white rings representing the checkpoints.

2012_01_23_19_01_25.png

Also Knightmare-athon, note the checkpoints (and previously known-about powerups) at the bottom left:

2012_01_23_19_04_52.png

Well if that doesn't confirm it I don't know what does. :D Awesome work, as always! I guess this would make implementing the scrapped shortcuts one step easier, eh?

Fluffy Cupcake
In the second picture i see some rings outside the track, what are they meant for?
Shorcuts that were removed from the game.

Awesome!

So if I drive around backwards about 40 times, my lap counter would go up? Why so many.

I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure that the game would check that you're going through each checkpoint sequentially.

I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure that the game would check that you're going through each checkpoint sequentially.

You would think so, but there is a chance that it won't simply because the programmers thought it to be too unlikely that someone would try driving backwards for that long.

I remember, at least in LR2, that checkpoints are counted as long as you have already passed through the previous checkpoint, meaning that every four or five backwards laps on the first track (I can't remember the name) would count as a single lap. Then again LR2 was an open-map racing game with some adventure and RPG elements, while LR1 is a closed course pure kart-racer.

So if I drive around backwards about 40 times, my lap counter would go up? Why so many.

You haven't seen my video, have you?

http://youtu.be/ytYxXRNmst4

I drive backward now. Backward driving is cool. :P This works on a few other tracks too, but I never recorded it and I found it a while back. I will have to research again.

JrMasterModelBuilder

You haven't seen my video, have you?

http://youtu.be/ytYxXRNmst4

I drive backward now. Backward driving is cool. :P This works on a few other tracks too, but I never recorded it and I found it a while back. I will have to research again.

That's strange. One would think there would be more checkpoints around the track.

Awesome!

Maybe, but that seems like it might be tricky because you car could become turned around and drive backwards through some checkpoints.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.