Super Sonic Blaster

Cirevam

This is a reskin of the Sonic Blaster that should be less prone to crashing. Right now this adds no extra gameplay advantage, but I did find that extending the BOOM.lws animation does increase the time that monsters will be repelled, so I may release an extended version later. Download link is here.

gallery_27_6_34204.png

• 9 months later...

Hey timefluxx here, i also have the sonic blaster problem. Normally i wouldn't bother and ignore the slugs or relocate away from them. still would like to defend against them before the move so how do I get the game to accept the skin?

• 6 months later...

The picture link has broken. Just giving a heads up since I directed another member to this topic and he'll be here soon OH NO

• 4 months later...

Hi folks. I'm new to the forum and I don't know the first thing about modding LRR.

I found my old LRR CD, which I haven't played since I was in elementary school (I'm now at University). I was delighted to find that it still works on my relatively new desktop, however, the sonic blasters cause the game to crash.

I found this thread whilst looking for a fix, made a forum account, downloaded the file and then went looking for the MiscAnims folder mentioned in the readmeorsufferahorriblefate. I can't find it, after spending about half an hour looking through various directories and even resorting to the windows search as a last ditch effort.

I followed McJobbless's link to the WAD Primer, which in turn sent me to the LMS thingamajig which I've downloaded and successfully launched the game with.

Question now is: What do?

You have to extract the game's WAD files in order to start modding the game. Here's a good start: http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/3594-beginners-guide-to-modding-rock-raiders/

Once your game is set up for modding, you will see the MiscAnims folder in one of the folders in your installation directory. It should be under the LegoRR0 folder that gets created. I'm not sure if any of the newer WAD extractors automatically send the extracted files into the Data folder, but it should be obvious once you extract them.

Suddenly everything makes sense. Thanks very much. Your super sonic blasters work, kinda. When I tried using the standard one it crashed as soon at the count down finished. Your one started going off before the game crashed, so I guess that was just a random crash that LRR seems to be prone to, as it used to do that when I was younger.

• 5 months later...

Seems like this issue seems to be rather popular, Recently installed LRR on my windows 7 64 bit, and everything runs smoothly, except  from the sonic blaster, which always crash me to the desktop once it hits something. I've tried this and another mod already, but too no success, it's starting to get quite frustrating  

I think this may help with not crashing. (some correct me if I'm wrong).

That doesn't help me. I also have it crashing (which was why I was earlier asking for a totally uncorrupted BOOM.lws) and that doesn't help. Bother.

Just don't use the Sonic Blaster anyway. It rarely scares slugs but it always scares raiders, so I dislike it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.