Strider

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Is there any way to re-compile these PWP files?

No, not yet. He won't be making any updates to his tools.

So then how am I supposed to recompile PWPs?

...Wait...

How the heck can a PS1 game disc be opened on a computer?

Um... you put it in the disk drive?

Althoug PS2 disks won't let (my) computer read them...

Anonymouse

...Wait...

PSX games are DVDs IIRC. That coul be the problem.

...Wait...

PSX games are DVDs IIRC. That coul be the problem.

Why do people call it a PSX? a PSX is a different machine. PS1 games are CR-ROMs, PS2 games a DVD-ROMs and PS3 are BD-ROMs.

Cyrem, do you think you could respond to my question? I didn't post asking for a compiler for fun, I meant that I really did want a compiler. How can one be made? We already have this extractor, so just give it the same functions as the WAD tool he made.

But seriously. I need a PWP compiler.

Cyrem, do you think you could respond to my question? I didn't post asking for a compiler for fun, I meant that I really did want a compiler. How can one be made? We already have this extractor, so just give it the same functions as the WAD tool he made.

But seriously. I need a PWP compiler.

Couldn't you just examine the code for the WAD tool and the code for the PWP tool and reverse engineer a PWP compiler out of it.

It would take some work and chances are it wouldn't work very much but it would be worth a shot.

Couldn't you just examine the code for the WAD tool and the code for the PWP tool and reverse engineer a PWP compiler out of it.

(Why is there a double space here? There's no need for sonic to put double spaceing between EVERY SENTANCE)

It would take some work and chances are it wouldn't work very much but it would be worth a shot.

I don't know why you're telling me this since I'm asking Cyrem.

And Cyrem, I know you're there.

Anonymouse

Cyrem: PSX simply refers to playstations in general; ps1 ps2 psx.

Sonic, where exactly do you think we're going to get either of the tools' source code from?

Sonic, where exactly do you think we're going to get either of the tools' source code from?

Oh look, another post ignoring me. And still argueing about somthing useles that shouldn't be argued over! Seriously, there wasn't this big of a fuss when I requested an extractor...

On 5/14/2011 at 5:45 PM, Anonymouse said:

PSX. Maybe use a # or * .

Sonic322 said:

I know there are decompilers out there for VB, but I'm not that low to steal someone else's work. Besides I mostly know the PWP format anyway, it's quite a simple format.

On 5/14/2011 at 5:47 PM, Lair of Rockwhales said:

Oh look, another post ignoring me. And still argueing about somthing useles that shouldn't be argued over! Seriously, there wasn't this big of a fuss when I requested an extractor...

See first quote above.

Edited by Slimy Slug
Fixed wikipedia link

Sorry, when I think of code for anything then the first think that always comes to mind is that you can just open whatever it is notepad and figure it out. In the end I have no idea what I am talking about.

Cyrem, Lair is going to keep bugging you until you give him some sort of answer.

Cyrem, I never expected/asked you to make one. Otherwise I would have PM'd you instead of posting here.

Cyrem, I never expected/asked you to make one. Otherwise I would have PM'd you instead of posting here.

Cyrem, do you think you could respond to my question? I didn't post asking for a compiler for fun

Sorry you just gave the impression you wanted one made.

Cyrem, do you think you could respond to my question? I didn't post asking for a compiler for fun

Sorry you just gave the impression you wanted one made.

... /:|

If I didn't want one I wouldn't have posted in this topic. But if you take a good, long look at my post, you may find that, somewhere beneath the miles and miles of text (it may take a few years), you'll find me asking for a PWP compiler. Just maybe.

Minifig9292

okie-dokie-lokie-o.gif

Okie Dokie Lokie

This tool has been rather useful.

Though I keep messing up my game, but that's my own stupid fault.

Oh well, reinstalling doesn't take much time at all.

... /:|

If I didn't want one I wouldn't have posted in this topic. But if you take a good, long look at my post, you may find that, somewhere beneath the miles and miles of text (it may take a few years), you'll find me asking for a PWP compiler. Just maybe.

Huh? Thats what I said, I thought you wanted me to make one.

Lair just wanted to know if there was a way to compile PWP. (Although he did give the impression) He never asked anyone to make a compiler, just wanted someone to give him a direct answer.

So Lair, from what I can tell there's no way to compile PWP atm. Cyrem doesn't have the time, so I'd suggest asking someone programming one of the ORR forks if they'll take the time to make one.

Anonymouse

Anonymouse to the rescue!

So I heard PWP was quite similar to WAD. I'd see what I could do working from ogun's WAD tool's source code (see, this is why opensource is good...). Only problem is, I have no example PWP files to use.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.