Check Out This Site I'm Making: Frappus.com

ivyn

http://frappus.com the actual website

http://frappus.com/forum/ the forum(I'm working on a new logo right now, as well as more forum sections)

Yes, I have a website. It is basically a comic site still under construction with a forum. As you can tell by my spectacularly terrible layout, I'm not that much of a site maker. In my defense, however, it is only half finished, thus the layout is not final, nor is the content. My plans for it are to showcase my source engine maps, me and my friend's webcomic, my java creations(I'm waaay better with java, I only picked up html a month ago) and host a forum. If you have any sugguestions, tips or want to help, I'm all ears.

:af:

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, You saved your comics page as a text document, not HTML.

Second, on your page buttons, try either using Javascript or at least just removing the <a>...</a> tags from the link instead of removing the entire button.

Finally, if you do add Javascript in any way, make sure to either:

• Make it Internet Explorer compatible
    OR
  • Tell people who use Internet Explorer to get Firefox, Chrome, Opera or Safari by using Javascript.

The missing manual to JavaScript is a good place to start

Also, why limit people to using Java? Many people would probably like to work with other languages too, from BASIC to C++, and GMod's Expression 2 (I think they already released an Expression 3, but IDK) to the Assembly language used in the most hardware integrated boot loaders and operating systems.

I hope this advice helps.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, You saved your comics page as a text document, not HTML.

Second, on your page buttons, try either using Javascript or at least just removing the <a>...</a> tags from the link instead of removing the entire button.

Finally, if you do add Javascript in any way, make sure to either:

• Make it Internet Explorer compatible
    OR
  • Tell people who use Internet Explorer to get Firefox, Chrome, Opera or Safari by using Javascript.

The missing manual to JavaScript is a good place to start

Also, why limit people to using Java? Many people would probably like to work with other languages too, from BASIC to C++, and GMod's Expression 2 (I think they already released an Expression 3, but IDK) to the Assembly language used in the most hardware integrated boot loaders and operating systems.

I hope this advice helps.

Yeah, about the comic page. There was a bit of a screw up with saving the page in code edit on hostmonster, I kept saving as a .txt document. I recently fixed that and now that situation is better.

On the page buttons, I plan on using javascript for them, I just need to screw around with it for a bit until I get them to run in a way I like.

On the java part, Java is the primary language I use for game development. It is also very easy to make a java applet for a website.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.