Rock Raiders: Source

codsniper

Oi, I *could* extract models from LDD, which are HQ. What format do you want them in?

Idk, .obj, .3ds?

But wouldn't we have to check if LEGO is cool with it first?

They have 3 rules; you can't use the LEGO logo, you must capitalise LEGO in every place you write it, and in the first instance of the word, LEGO must be followed by the copyright symbol.

I've already cleared it with them. Just have to put LEGO® everywhere.

It may seem this project is dead, but I've been very busy recently and the website has been offline for awhile. I'm hoping I have some time to set it back up and get some work done here.

Kanohispider

I'll try and help if I can. I can do some modeling, if it needs to be done, exporting in .obj or .3ds. I've got a friend who may be able to help with model skinning as well. Just let me know where I can help.

And I thought this forum is dead :D So youre planning to convert it from strategy to actionfps much like the playstation version?

I'll try and help if I can. I can do some modeling, if it needs to be done, exporting in .obj or .3ds. I've got a friend who may be able to help with model skinning as well. Just let me know where I can help.

Awesome! We could always use more modelers.

I have suggested that we make it gameplay wise like the original Half-Life. All we need is a story.

This.

Wow. I didn't think this would be received so well. I actually recreated a few LRR maps in Source a while back using only in game entities, all the walls were drillable, I even added bump maps to the textures. I should have released that I guess... Anyway, If you need any help I'm experienced with the source engine.

- Sparky

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. I didn't think this would be received so well. I actually recreated a few LRR maps in Source a while back using only in game entities, all the walls were drillable, I even added bump maps to the textures. I should have released that I guess... Anyway, If you need any help I'm experienced with the source engine.

- Sparky

WOAH!! Do you still have them?

It's never too late to upload something like that!

I'm working on the rest of the maps, I should have them done in a few weeks.

I don't have the site up right now, hardware issues. Should be back online in less than a week.

Why don't you put the entire project into a git repository at GitHub? Dynamic IP "servers" suck. If you absolutely hate git, I can provide you with some dedicated storage space (plus SVN), but I recommend you git. (TortoiseGit is the client of your choice)

Hey, if you need someone to compose a soundtrack, I'll try my hand. Although I'll need an equivalent of GarageBand for the PC (and I don't think Anvil Studio will quite cut it!).

Sorry that I never noticed this thread until now.

Although I'll need an equivalent of GarageBand for the PC (and I don't think Anvil Studio will quite cut it!).

I can get you FL Studio. Just sayin'.

I have a LOT of experience with the Source SDK, I can help if needed.

• 1 month later...
Kanohispider

So is there anything in particular that needs modeling? I'm eager to help, and to get some work done.

• 2 months later...

Which SDK are you planning on using? Anything Pre-Alien Swarm will cause problems with the destroyable walls in Rock Raiders due to the baked lighting. At least in Alien Swarm they got Projected Textures working properly, so you'd have some kind of decent dynamic lighting (tied to the mouse location, like in the original. Set the FOV of the Projected Texture to something like 170 to get the effect). That is of course if you are going for a LRR remake and not just a shooter using LRR themes.

• 11 months later...
truckstoppers

Hello all,

I am here to show you all my idea for a Source Engine Modification of Rock Raiders. I've posted a thread before, but I wanted to start a new one with the new Ideas for it.

Old Thread Can that thread be removed please?

Basic Ideas:

• I want to follow the story line of the original game as much as possible
  • I want to have a fully customized FGD for the making of more maps
  • I want to use all of the available High-Quality models we have here
  • I want to use HD Textures of at least 256x256 for the walls
  • I want to have the original game's sound files, but maybe modified ones of higher audio quality
  • I want to use the original game's music, and any other music the community has composed
  • I need your help to get this mod up-and-runnning
People Needed:
  • A few people knowledgeable in C++
  • A talented modeler
  • A few people with good knowledge of making source mods
  • Someone good with Creating textures
  • Someone good with composing music and effects sounds
  • Anyone else wanting to contribute
Mod Todo List:
  • Determine whether to use top-down RTS Style (like origional), First-Person RTS style or a toggleable mode
  • Convert Textures to VTF or aquire Custom HD textures
  • Create Alpha Test map
  • Code entities
  • Create FGD for future maps
  • Create/Aquire HD models
  • Find a good Development Team
  • Create a Mod Website
List of Ideas for in-game entities will be on the soon to come website

Website is up HERE!

your bottom link is screwed it keep saying Problem loading page can you fix it please?

your bottom link is screwed it keep saying Problem loading page can you fix it please?

I can almost guarantee you that this is a dead project.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.