Rock Raiders: Source

codsniper

okay ehm , do you have 3D studio max? becouse the file is only for that now :l

Yes, you can send me the files ...but first DINNOR.

codsniper, here's the Background map CLICK ME!

Thanks, the map looks awesome!

Im about 85% done with .bmp to .vtf converting

Im about 85% done with .bmp to .vtf converting

I've converted the Rock biome to .vtf's w/ .vmt's.

I dont have the model textures done because it wouldnt make sense to do that now, better to leave them and let the modelers do that

For the slugs we can use some Antion code. We should also have a weapon that is like the bugbait from HL2, but instead of Antlion Pheropods, you throw an energy crystal! And the slugs will go to the place where the crystal lands. Whatcha think?

For the slugs we can use some Antion code. We should also have a weapon that is like the bugbait from HL2, but instead of Antlion Pheropods, you throw an energy crystal! And the slugs will go to the place where the crystal lands. Whatcha think?

good... good...

Just a quick question: Will you make this mod custom content compatible? So we could like add new weapons / NPC?

I pretty sure it will, or atleast I hope it will... cause that's what I've been working on.

Im working on a custom file server for the project files

File server is 50% done, not Online. Link will be posted on the webpage found in the Origional Post

Uploading new version with background map. If anyone here knows C++ Well I would love to know if you're available to help code this project. Without coders, this project might as well be dead.

I dunno... I kinda want to help this project, but I ain't experienced in the source engine. But maybe I can help you indirectly by making models in MLCad and then run them through a modeling program to remove unneeded studs and add textures. So, do you accept my help?

I dunno... I kinda want to help this project, but I ain't experienced in the source engine. But maybe I can help you indirectly by making models in MLCad and then run them through a modeling program to remove unneeded studs and add textures. So, do you accept my help?

go right ahead

Im working on an SVN for the project files.

Releasing 0.0.4

Changelog:

Main menu now displays mod name

Main menu has background

mod files are now password protected (only developers have access now, please post what you can contribute to the mod in the thread here)

Updated lolcatisation files

For next update:

convert ice and lava biomes

create an animated water texture

find the font used in the original game and use that for text

add "New Game" and "Load Game" to main menu

If someone can work on an FGD for this and test it that would be great

FGD Documentation http://developer.val...re.com/wiki/Fgd

Since I cannot get hammer to play nicely with the game (due to source engine 2009 not being allowed to create mods with), custom game entities will have to wait. Prepare for a large amount of entity work!

Is the possibility of a online mode (LAN at minimal) planned for this in the feature if it gets far enough?

Maybe, but were concentrating on getting the campaign done from the original game & such. Besides, this is a SinglePlayer mod so far and we would have to start over if MultiPlayer were to be added.

Is the possibility of a online mode (LAN at minimal) planned for this in the feature if it gets far enough?

Maybe, but were concentrating on getting the campaign done from the original game & such. Besides, this is a SinglePlayer mod so far and we would have to start over if MultiPlayer were to be added.

*drools*

Revision 0.0.5 is live. I still cant get the "Start New Game" Dialog in there

(I switched to Revision instead of alpha or beta, makes more sense in my mind)

Fluffy Cupcake

Why would you have to start over?

Hey, if you want I could scrounge for the parts I had. I was working on something like this a couple years back, and just abandoned it after a while.

Hey, if you want I could scrounge for the parts I had. I was working on something like this a couple years back, and just abandoned it after a while.

HOLY...HE'S BACK.

HOLY...HE'S BACK.

Yeah, for the 1252nd time. But yeah, I could try and see if it's still on one of my HDDs.

HOLY...HE'S BACK.

Yeah, for the 1252nd time. But yeah, I could try and see if it's still on one of my HDDs.

Sounds like a plan. Im going to work on learning C++ so I can get to scripting entities. If you plan on helping the project along then I'll give you the password to the mod files

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.