Extreme110's Traveller's Tales Game Research Blog

McJobless

On the .pac files, yep, same method as the DAT files. I found some quickbms script somewhere (I forget) that can extract the pac files and then I just put that output into where the pac file was.

On level editing, I'm afraid that it's most likely impossible to edit the levels without editing the files bit-by-bit (Which I know nothing about) or somehow obtaining TT's level editor. The models are also in a encoded file format that has yet to be decoded too though you could change the textures in the levels, if that's anything.

EDIT: Saying so, you can probably somewhat edit the level, I only have Lego LOTR to go off but in that the level script files are not encoded and are partly commented so you could 'modify' the level scripts. I'm not sure about with Harry Potter/Batman.

EDIT 2: Here's the link to the .pac extractor: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10716

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lucas W. thanks. I don't know why, but the forum didn't send me any email when you replied, even when I have a watch on this page? Anyway, thank you for the information.

When I said modify the levels, I meant exactly that, bit by bit. I wanted to write a level editor from scratch. Knowing that you can extract/replace the pac files is very good for modification purposes, like you found out already :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The .fnt files contain the stylized letters/symbols that the game uses as a font when it produces the text. The text you want to edit is located in a text file which contains the strings the game uses to display in-game text. You can pick a language to edit and edit it's corresponding text file to change the text in-game. For your translation you will need need to pick a language that has a font of letters that are similar to the language you are translating it, though, or find a way to make a custom .fnt file for the game.

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone. I'm just getting into modding LEGO Star Wars The Complete Saga, and I can't seem to figure out how to modify textures. Can anyone help me with this?

I've downloaded the .dat extraction tool (QuickBMS) and I've changed some text and added a few characters.

I've managed to change the textures of the creator characters (weirdos 1 & 2) using a dds pluggin for Photoshop. But the weirdo characters seem to be the only ones with .dds files.

*.ghg - Model Data, Node/Bone Information and DDS Texture Container (Specifically, *_LR_PC.ghg contain the node/bone information)

So does that mean that the .dds files are actually inside the .ghg files? If that's the case, how would I go about modifying them?

I've downloaded the .dat extraction tool (QuickBMS) and I've changed some text and added a few characters.

I've managed to change the textures of the creator characters (weirdos 1 & 2) using a dds pluggin for Photoshop. But the weirdo characters seem to be the only ones with .dds files.

*.ghg - Model Data, Node/Bone Information and DDS Texture Container (Specifically, *_LR_PC.ghg contain the node/bone information)

So does that mean that the .dds files are actually inside the .ghg files? If that's the case, how would I go about modifying them?

Have you looked at the TT Games Explorer? '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Though I'm not sure if you can import files, I don't really have any TT Games to check with.

I was never able to crack the .ghg format. Somebody else did on Xentax, but they never released their work to the public.

That's quite frustrating, but you might be able to find a .dds ripper or injector?

So does that mean that the .dds files are actually inside the .ghg files?

Yes, they are included in the .ghg files. In the *pc.ghg files they use in the 'The Complete Saga' the .dds files are stored at the beginning of the files. I can imagine, that it is possible to exchange them, but I do not know if there are checksum or somthing like that. Best would be to create a .dds file with the same size and the same mipmap count etc., replace the content in the .ghg file and give it I try. I can not do that currently, I have no running installation.

Btw, i used the .ghg files to create the meshes for soccer mania :satisfied: ().

So does that mean that the .dds files are actually inside the .ghg files?

Yes, they are included in the .ghg files. In the *pc.ghg files they use in the 'The Complete Saga' the .dds files are stored at the beginning of the files. I can imagine, that it is possible to exchange them, but I do not know if there are checksum or somthing like that. Best would be to create a .dds file with the same size and the same mipmap count etc., replace the content in the .ghg file and give it I try. I can not do that currently, I have no running installation.

Btw, i used the .ghg files to create the meshes for soccer mania :satisfied: ().

I can imagine there being some sort of offset defining where the mesh content of the file starts somewhere in the header.

I can imagine there being some sort of offset defining where the mesh content of the file starts somewhere in the header.

The first 4 bytes represent an integer (little endian) that is the size of an area that contains the textures, the vertex lists and the indices. I did neither found an absolute nor a relative offset to the beginning of the vertex lists. So you have to run through all textures, before you reach the interesting data.

The next 2 bytes are something like the numberOfTextures (sometimes there are less).

foreach numberOfTextures:
    int height;
    int width;
    byte[12] meta; // I ignore them
    int sizeOfDds;
    byte[sizeOfDDS] ddsFile;

The next 2 bytes are something like the numberOfVertexLists

foreach numberOfVertexLists
    int sizeOfVertexList;
    byte[sizeOfVertexList] VertexList;

The next 2 bytes are something like the numberOfIndixLists

foreach numberOfIndixLists
    int sizeOfIndexList;
    byte[sizeOfIndexList] VertexList; // The values are short

And so on. Maybe more later.

Well to be honest, I wouldn't mind some custom models if and when the ghg format is cracked.

Also I was wondering how to change the character icons (they are in GSC files).

But I would rather figure out the ghg textures before anything.

But I would rather figure out the ghg textures before anything.

So, if I get it right you are looking for a tool to extract the textures out of the ghg and gsc files? Give me a day or two. I have to root throught my archives.

And here is a new version of the tool: http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/88

This version extracts the images and converts the contained meshes into .obj files (only positions - no normals or uv map) from the pc.ghg files of the game LEGO Star Wars The complete Saga.

You will get a file that contains all meshes and one separat file for each single mesh.

I hope it works.

• 2 weeks later...

while there's no thing for now to put everything back into a GHG/GSC file, I actually got a Pepper Roni head to work on LEGO Star Wars The Complete Saga by editing a default head model with the texture data in the beginning with an hex editor... (I had a lot of problems with it, but at the end it worked) except, the only things in the character creator that uses models are hats/hairs and heads, and there's a separate GSC file exclusively for the character editor, however, if you go into gameplay, it will work.

I do hope someone make a GHG/GSC manager because editing it from just hex is a pain.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for sharing! I'm currently working on a mod to add character's to Lego Batman 3, and I got as far as building my .cd file for the character before I got stuck. 

Anybody know of a better way to do this besides hex editing? I have been studying the game architecture all day without anything really clicking, so this is basically what I'm working with. And yes, I know Lego Batman 3 hasn't had a character mod yet, but there's a first time for everything.

http://gyazo.com/2143cf90a027f91cab76020ae11c6542

• 8 months later...
The Generic Name

Excuse me, Mcjobless, I'm having an issue with quickbms. I used it on a LEGO game around roughtly 5 or 6 months ago with ease of extracting, it's been a while since then of course and I don't entirely remember what I did to extract the files. I know it must have been something different than what I'm doing now, because quickbms is able to see the file, yet I keep getting errors saying it cannot find the file I want it to extract to. I added an image here that shows the error I got. I have no clue what I'm domig differently from the last time I got it to work, but I really need help to get this to work again.

error.png

Fluffy Cupcake

The problem is LEGO Worlds. The game updated and broke the script's compatibility with it, as the developers of the game will continue to do for a while (maybe even the whole development). It seems they absolutely don't want people modding the game, or even looking at the resources.

The Generic Name

That is awfully unfair towards the fans in a way, I was really hoping to extract the files so I could find that music that plays while underwater since it sounded so beautiful, and possibly add some custom textures here and there. I guess all I can really do is sit and hope that somehow quickbms or the script or just something at all will become compatible with extracting the files again at some point.

Edited by The Generic Name

Fluffy Cupcake

I hate to bring it to you but playing with custom textures isn't possible either. The game no longer supports playing with extracted files. It happened at the first time the script broke.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.