Arthuriel

1:1 scale L.M.S. Explorer (+ldraw and studio 2.0 file downloads) - 2019-10-27: added studio 2.0 file download link

Glitchipedia

There are several words I could use to describe this: beautiful, stunning, magnificent, marvelous, stupendous, incredible, astounding, remarkable, and spectacular, to name a few. And not a single one of them would do this work of art justice.

Purple Wolf

Like many others have said this is amazing! I've always wanted to see it to scale and I must say it doens't disappoint. It's just so accurate. If I ever had the time, money, and space I would so recreate this model. Ah a wishful fantasy.

kris220b
Rackover

Damn that looks cool !

Last time I used LDD, something like ten years ago, I remember it was quite expensive to actually buy the piece set you'd made on it. But still, this is an amazing work. Keep it up !

Arthuriel

This thread will never die (except when it does ; ) )!

Thanks to baraklava I thought, that I should check out stud.io and it's render function.
The import took about a minute and rendering varied from picture to picture (guess: 1/2 hour - 1 hour).
For further information I just insert the description, that I added to each of the new pictures on RRU:
"I tried out the photorealistic render option in studio 2.0. I used the very high settings at 4k resolution (or 3840x2160 pixels to be specific). The original pictures are all PNG files with a transparent background, but to save space on RRU I turned them into JPG files with a dark background and my name in the corner."
Overall I uploaded 8 pictures and added them to the first post. At first glance it looks like the colours are all desaturated, but that's due to the spaceship being predominantly grey and the background, too (although I prefer the background that way for viewing purposes).
Also: It's almost the 8th anniversary of this thread. Yay : D !

tl;dr: new pictures of the L.M.S. Explorer are in the first post of this thread

Arthuriel

A few weeks ago I also uploaded the studio 2.0 file on bricklink, where you are able to download it: https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/design.page?idModel=105148
It's an io file, which is used by studio 2.0 (the program I used to make the new renders). Basically I just imported the ldraw file into studio 2.0 and exported an io file.
This way maybe more people will see the spaceship since bricklink and the program studio 2.0 seem to be quite popular in the LEGO community.