Baz

Baz's Mod V1.5

Rex

Thank you for this Mod!!

Just downloaded yeserday (I know, veeeery late :o) an player through the first 6 or 7 levels. :)

TheDoctor

Help, my game just crashed1 can i do something about that??? :(

Restart the game and continue playing. Crashes are to be expected with Baz's mod.

MrBeingcool

Restart the game and continue playing. Crashes are to be expected with Baz's mod.

The problem is that the game wont be able to be played. When i click on the game, they show the loading screen, then they tell theres a problem found everytime i restart the game. :(

Baz

The problem is that the game wont be able to be played. When i click on the game, they show the loading screen, then they tell theres a problem found everytime i restart the game. :(

http://www.rockraidersunited.org/wiki/index.php?title=Talk:Baz%27s_Mod#Troubleshooting

MarioGalaxy2433g5

Hi, I played through the mod, and in Hot Stuff, there is a Hard Rock Wall that is also lava at the same time.

Jessietail

That tends to happen a lot. Lava can be under a wall thanks to weird erosion.

Also, welcome! I've seen you on youtube a number of times.

MarioGalaxy2433g5

I say a lot of stuff on youtube... for some reason. Here, I just lurk.

RockRaider

I just downloaded this and on running it winrar says the exe is corrupted. Redownloaded and did the same thing. Thoughts anyone?

Jessietail

winrar

This is a ZIP file, you don't mean winrar. I don't fully understand what the error is, the EXE is corrupted or the ZIP is corrupted?

Cirevam

Winrar can open ZIP files so maybe he does mean Winrar. But maybe try a different program to unpack it... I'm not sure what would be causing the error.

RockRaider

I downloaded the same file on my not-so-flashy netbook and it runs fine. Go figure. Too bad it isn't capable of actually running anything other than FF or word... /sigh So I guess that sorta solved the problem.

Marvin

Hey guys!

First of all, thanks a lot for this great overhaul. Played LRR when I was about 10 yrs old and this gives a new challenge to me :D

But as I am from Germany I would really like to put in the german sounds. Unfortunelaty after compiling the LegoRR1.wad with the WAD tool the game crahes during the loading screen (legorr.icd hast sopped working). Do you have any ideas? Or is it a purpose to prevent people from changing your mod?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Marvin

Baz

I didn't put anything in on purpose to prevent editing, but I did make changes to LegoRR1.wad, so you would have to extract and then compile over that.  Given the unstable nature of the game's engine, I can't guarantee that it will work as I've never messed with any of the languages again, though I did modify the mission statements for the english version.

Marvin

Thank you for your fast response :)

I extracted your LegoRR1.wad and only changed the folder "sounds". I checked every single file whether it has the same name as in the english version.

After compiling and starting the game it crashes, although i did not change anything else. The size of the folder is a bit different (~ 0,2 MB), but that's all.

Well, then we have to blame the engine :/

Baz

perhaps something is a little different the files for the other language version, I'm not sure

Marvin

So it works before you change the sounds, and not after?

Are there the same amount of files in each folder?

Yes there are. Today I gave it a new try and compiled the unchanged LegoRR1.wad. Without doing any changes, I compiled it afterwards and the error occured again :(

Before installing Baz's great Mod everything went find with the WAD tool.

MrBeingcool

I've got another problem with this mod: Every time im trying to start the game, my computer says it crashed. It seems to be normal, but if i download the mod again, then start the game again, i get the same message...

And yes, i tried the troubleshooting tip changing to 16-Bit mode that Baz sent me, but nothing happened! Can someone help me? :(

Rock Bottom

Hey, I just downloaded the mod, I know it was too late but what is WAD file and where can I find it?

Thanks

Cyrem

Hey, I just downloaded the mod, I know it was too late but what is WAD file and where can I find it?

Thanks

WAD files (there are 2 of them) are in the folder where you installed LEGO Rock Raiders.

kevinevan77

As I'm waiting for this to download, the mod sounds great! and I'm excited to play this game again, glad I found this site to be able to play a game I loved so much once more

Rock Bottom

Sorry for the late comment, I have found it, But windows said that he cannot open WAD file, so you maybe know how can I opem WAD file?

Thanks