Baz

Baz's Mod V1.5

Ethribin

ok. I'll try that^^

I'll let you know if it worked^^

Thanks for your advice

Ethribin

Sorry for the late answer.

But after some time I finally went through, learned what I had to to get it done and did it xD

My game has now french voices again^^

Even the Tunnel Transport has a french name and voice calling it that xD

It was already in the game

Thanks so much again for your help

• Like 1

CandySquirrel16

I'm trying to install the game, but it won't work.

AnotherCrazyCanadian

Just got it running again after all these years (The Ascending Space here). Can't believe how much of an improvement this is over LRR vanilla! It's so much longer, runs better, just general improvements across the board!

• Like 1

Cavinator1

The Baz's Mod Levels link (with the complete list of levels) is dead. Anyone have a list? I'd like to know what missions are coming up next.

Cyrem
3 hours ago, Cavinator1 said:

The Baz's Mod Levels link (with the complete list of levels) is dead. Anyone have a list? I'd like to know what missions are coming up next.

The link is to the now old wiki, you can see it here: http://www.rockraidersunited.com/oldwiki/index.php?title=Baz's_Mod_Levels

• Like 2

RiverPatrol

Sorry to be 'that guy', but the download link is down. Just reinstalled it and was wanting to play. :(

RiverPatrol

Thanks!

Jessietail

has anyone ever beaten Back to Basics on this? cuz it keeps bugging out and Raiders refuse to collect ore or finish shoveling stuff even when there's barely any caverns opened yet. I know Matt had a similar problem in his review but the only other time i've seen this is in levels like Fire'n'Water where the pathfinding gets confused by Raiders being on both sides of the lake - but there's nothing like that here, so what gives?

edit: okay nevermind it worked the second time but then hot stuff flipped the f**** out, I gotta upload a video of that.

And I don't know if Baz or anyone who still intends to make Rock Raiders mods will ever see this or care but, I really gotta say, I was enjoying this a lot for the first several tiers, it had a lot of challenging puzzle levels, none of them really took over 30 minutes... but then creeping in after Lava Laughter, and going full force from Air Raiders onward, everything became f****ing tedious and stressful as hell. It hit that difficulty point where it stopped being tense in a fun way and just started being tense in a nauseating way. The original game kinda had that problem but not to this extent...

Jessietail

After years of meaning to but never making it past the first tier of levels for one reason or another, I finally played this over the last couple weeks, and recorded my progress because why not lmao. Sorry for being so late, but thanks for making this Baz.

Xir

I can't download the file, Oresome seems to have broke it, or something. (I get "The specified key does not exist." error message)

Edit: Thanks Jessietail.

edwardlego

any way to run this with cafetaria for better resolution?

Cyrem
14 hours ago, edwardlego said:

any way to run this with cafetaria for better resolution?

Not at this time unfortunatly, again, next version of cafeteria should support it.

edwardlego

the game crashes so often for me that i can't complete levels.

i can make the game crash instantly by shooting lasers on monsters.

i'm not entirely sure i installed it correctly, i first did the stuff with voodoo and then ran the installer

i tried the link to the troubleshooting but it seems to be down

Phlosioneer

For those still interested, this mod still works. The instructions are somewhat unclear, but there are two things to download: the main mod, and the patch. Copy the main mod into the right place first; then copy the patch into the same place, overwriting files.

I have a copy that works mostly fine. It sometimes crashes, but I can definitely go a few hours of play without issue. I'm using a virtualbox running XP, I don't expect it to run smoothly.

One problem I am having, though, is that one of the biomes is glitched and all the textures are broken. It's still playable if you're careful and you use the GPS map thing, but it's tedious and slow. I'm just avoiding those levels for now.

The levels that have the broken texture (that I've reached so far) are:

• Seamless!
  • Search 'n' Rescue
  • Don't Panic!
  • Breathless

Breathless is required for advancement, which sucks, but it can be done.

I suspect a biome is either missing or misconfigured.

Phlosioneer

DON'T delete, see edit below.

Update: I figured out what was wrong. Delete

LegoRR2.wad

In detail: First, I was wrong, Don't Panic! was fine. Second, I looked into the WAD files, and figured out that all three of those levels had one thing in common: they were originally a biome named "IceRock". That biome was removed in this mod, and they were assigned to the "Ice" biome.

My guess is that RR was parsing both config files, but only using the modded one (in 1.wad). By parsing the second one, though, it tried to find the texture files for the IceRock biome, and failed, and no textures were loaded at all.

Edit: large sections of the mod are removed by deleting that config file. Don't do it, I'll try and just fix the root issues and upload the patch.

Edited by Phlosioneer